Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
21 - 40 of 45 Posts

·
Registered
4,694 Posts
and here he's enticed you to post in the dead thread again.

I have the last word here....storck is freggin overpriced or it was and we put a bike under you with its fancy decal and you dont know any better

when will a decent bike magazine put out a blind comparison of the crap from china vs the elitest of the elite and put it to rest.
Just for the record, China and Taiwan especially, have exceptionally good manufacturing quality. They also have poor manufacturing. Look at that, it’s like everywhere else in the world?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

·
Banned Sock Puppet
14,152 Posts
Well now , will you just listen to that , why would a simple post engender such a bad mannered reply ? These Gentlemen? obviously have little to worry them if my view upsets them so much , I am persuaded that this forum ,if these two are examples , is not for me , we treat others with respect in my part of the world . Perhaps they have forgotten to take their medication.
Gentlemen?? Where, where, LOL?

·
Administrator
12,969 Posts
Moderators Note:

For the love of God stop already, I can't keep up.

If you don't like thread Dredges (thank google), don't read them. If someone makes light fun of you for not noticing the age of the thread, do not immediately go Code Red on them either.

FWIW those Storcks were pretty amazing in their day.

Reactions: Lombard and ogre

·
Registered
9,611 Posts
I had a Fenomalist for about 50K miles and thought it was great. Eventually got a custom Ti bike which cost a little less and no longer think it was all that great relatively speaking. Although if I were into crits and sprinting all the time I'd probably still want the Storck. But for all-round riding I can definitely do a lot better for the same or even much less money.

·
Registered
4,694 Posts

·
Registered
792 Posts
Dont understand how they’re made? I said they’re still made period and made in China, which are true. If ur gunna say I don’t know what I’m talking about ..you have to say what you’re talking about.

heel biter doesn’t care what the point is and just sees opportunities

·
Registered
4,694 Posts
Dont understand how they’re made? I said they’re still made period and made in China, which are true. If ur gunna say I don’t know what I’m talking about ..you have to say what you’re talking about.

heel biter doesn’t care what the point is and just sees opportunities
You directly insulted Chinese manufacturing quality.

·
Registered
792 Posts
I said I’d like to see a blind comparison of the
“crap from China vs the elitist of the elite.”
It’s two assumed ends of the spectrum which I’d like to see compared in a blind test so as to reveal the reality of how true the assumptions are.
There was no direct insult made of manufacturing quality and that’s in your mind and you and heel biter need to read what I write better so you don’t get upset.

The elitist of the elite is more so my intended target of criticism as I expressed and to me they’re over-priced..like this storck brand.

Here’s a cheap Chinese brand I’ve owned and thought one of the best I’ve had and I’ve owned carbon bikes from names like trek, Ridley,..I can’t remember

·
Registered
4,694 Posts
I said I’d like to see a blind comparison of the
“crap from China vs the elitist of the elite.”
It’s two assumed ends of the spectrum which I’d like to see compared in a blind test so as to reveal the reality of how true the assumptions are.
There was no direct insult made of manufacturing quality and that’s in your mind and you and heel biter need to read what I write better so you don’t get upset.

The elitist of the elite is more so my intended target of criticism as I expressed and to me they’re over-priced..like this storck brand.

Here’s a cheap Chinese brand I’ve owned and thought one of the best I’ve had and I’ve owned carbon bikes from names like trek, Ridley,..I can’t remember
So this is drivel? You don’t communicate very clearly if this is the case...

·
Registered
792 Posts
drivel? I’m just here to help u understand what I wrote. there was no direct insult of China manufacturing and hopefully u understand my last post and it clears it up in your mind.

Or continue your claim of some direct insult or whatever and quote me below and lets see what it shows.

I am however getting close to insulting you and your reasoning abilities, but I won’t...just consider it another point lost, and don’t think you’d earned any yet to lose.

·
Banned Sock Puppet
14,152 Posts

·
Banned Sock Puppet
14,152 Posts
Heel biter? Surely you can do better than that.

·
Registered
792 Posts
Seems u are capable of figuring out my writing after all. One point for u! This is your first point I believe. Dont blow it on some dumb statement right away. Savor it.

·
Registered
4,694 Posts
More like word salad.
Well said... If you go up-thread and read my quote of his post it’s Impossibly to leap to the conclusion he is now making up... Bizarre. Maybe it’s an ESL thing... And the points thing?!?!? A little personality disorder? Like others are in this too? Getting close to blocking but if it’s language I don’t want to vanish someone for that, English is a bitch to learn and write with nuance...

·
Banned Sock Puppet
14,152 Posts
Well said... If you go up-thread and read my quote of his post it’s Impossibly to leap to the conclusion he is now making up... Bizarre. Maybe it’s an ESL thing... And the points thing?!?!? A little personality disorder? Like others are in this too? Getting close to blocking but if it’s language I don’t want to vanish someone for that, English is a bitch to learn and write with nuance...

I don't think it's a language barrier as his grammar and spelling are mostly fine. I've seen much worse from people who English is their only language. The ideas however, are all over the place. And he doubles down even when proven wrong. Sort of reminds me of Fredrico in P.O.

·
Registered
792 Posts
it’s Impossibly to leap to the conclusion he is now making up...
Here is what I said

“when will a decent bike magazine put out a blind comparison of the crap from china vs the elitest of the elite and put it to rest.”

seems reasonable enough to me. If we’re comparing writing..you lose another point.

I do so wait for u to prove me wrong. Do it.

·
Banned Sock Puppet
14,152 Posts
Here is what I said

“when will a decent bike magazine put out a blind comparison of the crap from china vs the elitest of the elite and put it to rest.”

seems reasonable enough to me. If we’re comparing writing..you lose another point.
Haven't you figured out yet that nobody here cares about you point scoring system?

21 - 40 of 45 Posts