Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
209 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just moved into a 2 bedroom condo and have 2 road bikes and 2 mtn bikes that I am going to keep in the spare bedroom, problem is I need to keep the spare bed that is in there functional and my small baker's rack that has been converted into a workbench. The room is 12' x 11' and the bed is a full which is shoved into a corner.
How did you guys that live in Apts or condo's manage multiple bikes?? If you have pics that would be great!! Thanks!

·
Banned
108 Posts
_velodoc_ said:
I just moved into a 2 bedroom condo and have 2 road bikes and 2 mtn bikes that I am going to keep in the spare bedroom, problem is I need to keep the spare bed that is in there functional and my small baker's rack that has been converted into a workbench. The room is 12' x 11' and the bed is a full which is shoved into a corner.
How did you guys that live in Apts or condo's manage multiple bikes?? If you have pics that would be great!! Thanks!
my bikes would be in the bed and my wife'd be on the floor if i had my way...i just make room :thumbsup:

·
Musculo Med Doc
93 Posts
When I did - have the exact situation that you describe - this worked for years..... that was back in the day in the ol' bachelor Pad!!!

http://www.performancebike.com/shop/profile.cfm?SKU=24019&subcategory_ID=6600

Try that with a wife, despite her love for bikes & a few very nice bikes..... although the trade off - is she'd just look at it now as a reason to buy a bigger house!

·
Registered
209 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
snodog1 said:
When I did - have the exact situation that you describe - this worked for years..... that was back in the day in the ol' bachelor Pad!!!

Try that with a wife, despite her love for bikes & a few very nice bikes..... although the trade off - is she'd just look at it now as a reason to buy a bigger house!
The cool thing is that my GF rides too and 2 of the bikes are hers, and soon we will be adding a TT bike for her and a track bike for me then it'll be 6 bikes....ouve'! The bad thing is that she knows how much those new parts cost!

·
Registered
606 Posts
What REALLY makes storing a bike indoors a challenge is when you rent from a bike-phobic homeowner. I brought my weekend warrior bike home yesterday and snuck it in while he wasn't looking. This makes for 2 of those contraptions which are bringing about the demise of western civilization. Well, at least according to some people here.

·
Registered
209 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
kool! thanks guys, especially for the pics, that looks like a good idea

·
I ride in circles..
4,990 Posts
While I was at college my friend had very little space in his room. His room mate was a slob too which didn't help. He would literally lay a sheet down on his bed and stand his bike up on the bed when he wasn't sleeping. During the night it would sit in front of his desk. Sucked pretty bad for him but his bike was worth it.

·
Registered
329 Posts
brucew said:
One-bedroom, 450 SF apartment here. Mine hang in the living room. I have a corner where I could do the same in the bedroom too, if I had more bikes.

You keep your bikes locked up inside? Now there is a guy who values/protects his gear!

Nice looking set up (wish I could keep my place that clean!).

·
Registered
656 Posts
cool, thanks for the pic. I wanted a setup like brucew's, but the walls in our apartments on campus don't have any supports in them. So if you put anything into the wall and then hang stuff on it, it will rip the wall off. Looks like the xport rack is the best bet.

·
Large Suburban Male
4,131 Posts
snodog1 said:

We had a one BR pad (one MTB/one road rig), and I built something similar. At the time, I was a bartender paying for grad school, so I had very little cash. We lived there for at least two years, and it worked well.

·
Registered
143 Posts
We have three bikes in a two bedroom apartment. The Cannondale usually resides in the closet of the office/spare bedroom. The Giant usually lives propped against the wall in the same room. The Trek can either be found propped against a wall in the living room or disassembled and in the trunk of the car, awaiting transport. I wouldn't mind getting some kind of space efficient rack to store them on, though. It does get a little annoying tripping over bikes all day long and having to move them around to get at things.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.