Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Banned
1,844 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just looked at the new items from STP and apparently they have assos s-series bibs @ 59.99 or something-- find a code for 15% or more you're getting close to $50 for a pair. I have no use for anymore bibs or I wouldnt be sharing-- ok that and they're the s-series stuff.

·
Adorable Furry Hombre
32,352 Posts
Well-they're back to selling $20 white t-shirts as of now.....

·
Registered
132 Posts
SM-Rider said:
hmmm... is that set of bib shorts any good? I took a look at it and it certainly doesn't have the flair of their current product offerings. Also, the retail price is listed as $90.
I would say no - that series is not very great. I bought a pair a few years ago and almost never wear them. The material is thin and cheap. They are much shorter than most of my other shorts. Every time I wear them feel like I'm wearing lederhosen - with an exposed tan line, no less. Assos is apparently so ashamed of them that they don't put their name on them anywhere, not even on the tag.

·
Registered
132 Posts
OK - I tried them again yesterday, just to refresh my memory. They're worse than remembered. The pad has a thin line right down the middle and it tends to fold there and give you a wedgie. The fabric is cut so that when you lean over the crotch portion pulls away from your body and the goods are free to flop around.

S-series? The S stands for Sucks.

·
Banned
1,844 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
kgg said:
OK - I tried them again yesterday, just to refresh my memory. They're worse than remembered. The pad has a thin line right down the middle and it tends to fold there and give you a wedgie. The fabric is cut so that when you lean over the crotch portion pulls away from your body and the goods are free to flop around.

S-series? The S stands for Sucks.

Well, I posted it in case anyone was interested-- I didnt buy them! Seriously, I've heard others who love them. Like anything else on RBR-- everyone has their own view.

·
Registered
103 Posts
Mdeth1313 said:
I just looked at the new items from STP and apparently they have assos s-series bibs @ 59.99 or something-- find a code for 15% or more you're getting close to $50 for a pair. I have no use for anymore bibs or I wouldnt be sharing-- ok that and they're the s-series stuff.

Link?

I Google and I get the Seattle cycling community...

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.