Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
152 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This year I've seemed to develop a soft nodule on one of my sitbones. Sort of painful when I sit right on it (altho, because it's soft, it moves around a little bit). Anyone else experience this and what did you do about it?

·
Registered
152 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
loudog said:
weird. might be a lipoma. does it ever go away? if it gets larger it may need to come out.
Reading WebMD, it does sound like it could be a lipoma. Appreciate you putting a potential name to it. Just weird because it's right were I sit so I'm sure that riding had something to do with it.

·
Registered
21,832 Posts
Alternatives

newridr said:
This year I've seemed to develop a soft nodule on one of my sitbones. Sort of painful when I sit right on it (altho, because it's soft, it moves around a little bit). Anyone else experience this and what did you do about it?
While it could be lipoma, I would look more toward a cyst or abcess. IOW, a pimple that is relatively deep within the skin rather than directly on the surface. These things can swell and require medical intervention, so keep a close eye on it or get it looked at.

·
Resident Curmudgeon
13,390 Posts
I had what sounds like the same thing a long time ago. I think cycling caused it. It was a hard lump about the size of a marble. It was quite mobile under the skin, but there was no pain associated with it. I went to a doc & he removed it surgically in a hospital. It was benine. I couldn't ride for 3-4 weeks, but I'm glad I had it done. I think this happened in the early 80s. No probs since then.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.