1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
169 Posts

·
Registered
1,504 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
So i signed up for the sunday insurance perk via the perk program. I got my terms of services declaration sheet. I took some key snippets of the sheet.
Text Photograph White Line Font Blue Text Line Colorfulness Font Text White Line Font Black-and-white

·
Adorable Furry Hombre
30,962 Posts
The TOS are everything...the insurance is carefully worded to dodge having to payout claims.

"Reasonable licensed auto service"...sounds great...until you think about it. What is the coverage of your local cab companies? Further they'll only take you as far as the nearest "public transit stop", well around here there's no public transit at those stops after 6PM or on Sundays at all....guess what you're probably well outside taxi coverage too....hell you probably cannot even get a Lyft or an Uber. Sounds like the TOS for Kryptonite locks-no one can ever claim them-but they sound really good. Same with their computer coverage, nothing 24months old is covered-ergo my Edge1000 isn't covered.

The $20 off $100 on CompetitiveCyclist sounds good....except they don't have the FSA crankset I've been eyeing. And the $100 limit means the $95 XTR pedals I was debating don't get covered either.

·
Registered
20,796 Posts
Further they'll only take you as far as the nearest "public transit stop", well around here there's no public transit at those stops after 6PM or on Sundays at all....guess what you're probably well outside taxi coverage too
No public transit or taxi's at all where I live.

I did a quick quote on the insurance (for just one of my bikes). It was almost as much as my Homeowner's insurance. :rolleyes:

Edit: Just did a quote on 3 of my bikes (that's the limit). With a $100 deductible, it was almost 2x my Homeowner's insurance.

·
Registered
6,018 Posts
No public transit or taxi's at all where I live.

I did a quick quote on the insurance (for just one of my bikes). It was almost as much as my Homeowner's insurance. :rolleyes:

Edit: Just did a quote on 3 of my bikes (that's the limit). With a $100 deductible, it was almost 2x my Homeowner's insurance.
Doesn't AAA offer a bike breakdown service in some states?

I was stranded once in a more rural area. I had to beg the cab company to come get me. They did (with a big van). With tip it was $50, but that was once in 25 years of riding. These days Uber would be my first option

·
Russian Troll Farmer
3,426 Posts

·
Neophyte
2,190 Posts
The $20 off $100 on CompetitiveCyclist sounds good....except they don't have the FSA crankset I've been eyeing. And the $100 limit means the $95 XTR pedals I was debating don't get covered either.
That's when you throw in a couple tubes or packets of Gu to make the minimum...

·
Registered
1,792 Posts
I thought their 2-months of Zwift was pretty cool, it got me on the trainer at least, but it looks like that's gone now.

·
Registered
227 Posts
Gee....thanks for posting all of this in, what, 2 point font? I know I have a pair of 2.5x reading glasses around here somewhere.....
Apparently he hasn't upped his standards ....don't be THAT guy.

Thanks for posting. I appreciate the effort. And the small font opened up large on my.phone and my laptop with a half second spent expanding my fingers.

·
Registered
227 Posts
So strava is rolling out its perks page.

https://www.strava.com/premium/perks

Some of the deals look pretty good.

I think there adding more vendors to the perks page.
More details are on dcrainmakers site.
https://www.dcrainmaker.com/2017/07...-or-phone-when-you-break-it-ridingor-not.html
Each carrier and each state is different. In MY and my carrier, I don't need a separate rider for all my bikes to be covered. Just photos and documentation of invoices and parts bought for builds. Firearms and jewels a different matter. Oh, And this is on homeowners. I'm sure renters is different2.

·
Masters Neophyte
2,209 Posts
Remind me again about the advantages of Premium?
I know you gain access to their heat maps, which can help w/ route planning... not sure what else. Not much IIRC. A lot of my friends and teammates are Premium users, but I'm not sure why.

·
Registered
647 Posts
Remind me again about the advantages of Premium?
I know you gain access to their heat maps, which can help w/ route planning... not sure what else. Not much IIRC. A lot of my friends and teammates are Premium users, but I'm not sure why.
Expanded access and use of power data, Training stress history and training videos are some of the big items.

·
Russian Troll Farmer
3,426 Posts
Well, as far as I'm concerned, Strava Premium isn't worth it, at least not for myself. I have AAA, so bike pickup is available ANYWHERE, and Google maps will let my better half know where I am. So, what else could they offer that's worth paying for?

·
Registered
1,014 Posts
AAA pick is NOT available everywhere.

First off, Strava premium gives better metrics, second if you like Strava why not go premium for a while and financially support them.

·
Darling of The Lounge
4,799 Posts
I miss a more simpler time when you got on your bike and just rode for recreation and relaxation :)

It was a time when you didn't need to perform endless iterations of Monte Carlo run analysis in an effort to anticipate possible adverse outcome, and consult actuary tables to derive some type of compensation for being inconvenienced.

My insurance policy consist of basic tools, patch kit, cell phone, cash and a debit card. The premium is buying lunch for my wife if she needs to collect me in our truck and take me home.

If sh|t happens, it happen.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.