Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 20 of 46 Posts

·
Registered
625 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
NO Streaming 2013 TDF this year

Last year I watched the TDF on the NBC streaming app...

This Year 2013, I can't find it , but there IS a FaceBook Thing for streaming the TDF...

I'm Lost, what is the scoop !?

The face book thing is still out there with no info on how to buy or watch...

SO far looks like NBC is doing something but when I click on buying the app, Itunes tells me not for sale in US.
Also looks like Cycling TV is covering it, but I dont want a subscription, I just want to pay for the TDF...

ITs getting close to kick off, any body have more info.

·
Registered
832 Posts
I'm wondering the same thing. No cable/dish for me.

The only clue I can find is a statement to potential advertisers that NBCSports.com will stream TdF 2013. If anyone knows additional info, please post it!

The Tour of California streaming was awesome in quality. Hoping for something similar.

·
What the Hell is going on
5,487 Posts
I don't have cable or dish either. Last year I bought what NBC Universal was offering and then they reneged. The Tour was suppose to be available until Aug. then NBC sent out notice one week before the Tour ended that it wouldn't honor the Aug. playback and that if you wanted to watch the 2013 Tour you had to subscribe to NBC Universal as part of your cable package. What a rip.

It was nice to see the Tour in HD though. My laptop has HDMI output and I connected it to my big screen TV. Streaming was good.

·
Registered
6,878 Posts
I will be watching the Tour on SporzaHD, commercial free from start to finish. All I have to do is wait 12-24hr for the boys to upload it to newsgroups. No laggy streaming, no commercials like NBC and Eurosport. Only downside is 12-24hr wait time, and language is in Dutch (I think, but I don't understand it).

·
Registered
625 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Nothing... However NBC HAD apps available , but when you clicked on it, the App Store would say Not Available... NOW the NBC says coming soon... that has changed. Steephill TV has REMOVED its links to any live coverage.

The facebook link appears to be a scam... SO it looks like NO streaming in the US... I'm moving to Australia mate, for Tour Tracker...

·
Roadbike Rider
1,260 Posts
If steephills don't post streaming links I'm screwed. I'll taking a three week vacation in Australia.

·
Registered
867 Posts
For Canadians who are off the cable grid, I am going to try unblock-us.com which will allow me to use the NBC site. My only concern is that NBC might not take my Canadian Credit Card. I will try and set this up on Thursday night.

·
Registered
91 Posts
slight thread hijack -

Using Tunnelbear (https://www.tunnelbear.com/) might be an option. Always your computer to appear as if it originated from the U.K., so whatever streaming options are there, you can use. You'll need to pay $5 for the unlimited monthly plan, but easy to cancel afterwards. I used this last summer to watch the Summer Olympics from BBC website (so much better than NBC's...) I've also used this to purchase eBooks from vendors who'll accept US credit cards, but do geographic restrictions on purchases. (Domestique / The Rules are recent examples)

·
Registered
1,861 Posts
This press release finally answered many of the questions I had. It seems the digital access allows viewing "full stage replays".

1 - 20 of 46 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.