Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

· Registered
257 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm buying a Streetfire frame sight unseen due to reviews and the fact that my shop doesn't sell a good aluminum race bike since we dropped Cervelo. I'm 5'10 and 150, looking to start racing. Medium or Large? I don't know sloping top tube sizing, but I usually ride a 54 very comfortably. 56 is almost always too tall in most brands. I found the M frame for cheap online... :rolleyes: so I'm very tempted to go M. Common sense prevailed however before I hit the buy button, and here I am.

· Registered
7 Posts
I'm almost exactly the same size. Half an inch shorter. I went for the medium. So far so good. It's got a long top tube, just be aware.

If you're willing to buy online, look up Piermont bike shop in Piermont NY. They have an online deal for streetfires that's pretty strong.

Would recommend upgrading the shipping if you can. UPS ground absolutely trashed the box mine came in and it lead to a scratch on the top tube.

· Registered
257 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I ended up going for the medium from cycletofitness.com... never heard of them before, but $530 and free shipping was a steal. They've got a pretty good return policy if the frame gets messed up. Excited for my BMC!

· Registered
1 Posts
streetfire size

Hi Im also planning to get a bmc streetfire...im buying it online from(im from the philippines) so im not sure how the sizing works...im 5'7", i currently have a clip on aerobar on my tcr, and a full aero setup on my other cervelo p2k(650c size 51)...just want to know also, with my height, if the small frame with work for me, especially when i plan to install clip ons on it, as i will mainly use it for triathlon and duathlon...

Thanks!

· Registered
257 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Besides the advice given here, I bought mine based on top tube lengths of my fixie commuter and other road bikes I've ridden that fit me (54 Onix, etc). For what its worth, the top tubes on a 51 P2SL and a small Streetfire are the exact same length. (I don't know if they've changed the geometry from P2K to P2SL, but I'm assuming its close)

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.