Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Mehpic
8,162 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
mom passed quietly in her sleep this morning. dad came and woke the wife and myself at around 4 something.

all in all, it's a absolute relief- she's no longer in pain, and we're not in pain for her. in fact, the "when" question has been the hardest thing. we now know.

thanks for all the well-wishes: teh lownge has been one hell of a support group as of late. i owe all of you a beer.

time to move on with the next stage in life.

·
Sticky Valentine
28,404 Posts
Sorry to hear, dude.

Best wishes to you and your family.

joe

·
Captain Obvious
11,876 Posts
best wishes to you.

·
RoadBikeReview's Member
5,505 Posts
That's hard. I'm also sorry to hear it. I'm sending you a big hug, if its any consolation...

·
Poseur
1,677 Posts
I am so sorry to hear, but I know what you are saying. A lot of us have had to deal with losses, and there are no words or actions that can make things better................

·
Spicy Dumpling
9,721 Posts
Sorry to hear it, but I can also relate to your relief. We went through a similar situation a couple of years ago.

You have our thoughts and prayers.

·
Clear Lake, TX
3,269 Posts
Strength is hard to find. Solace in knowing she is no longer suffering helps a little.

My Mom died from lung cancer at 59, 15 years ago. It still hurts sometimes. When I see something in myself that I got from her, it warms me and I find strength there.

When we remember someone, they never completely die. When those memories bring a smile, we know that they are right there with us, right in our heart.

Hanging around gloomy relatives after her passing took my strength away the most.

Hang in there, it will get better...

·
waterproof*
41,611 Posts
I know you'll honor her memory; I just want to say I hope I have the strength and ability to care for my parents in their last days as well as you have cared for your Mom.

You have my respect and condolences.

·
Jerkhard Sirdribbledick
27,035 Posts
Creakyknees said:
I know you'll honor her memory; I just want to say I hope I have the strength and ability to care for my parents in their last days as well as you have cared for your Mom.

You have my respect and condolences.
+ 8 million

Really sorry to hear, but relieved for you and your family at the same time.

·
Diphthong
4,986 Posts
I'm glad for you that it's over.

·
I like Chicken
1,403 Posts
Best wishes to you all at this time.

·
Bacon!
9,190 Posts
Best wishes to you and your family.

·
scruffy nerf herder
4,484 Posts
Next chapter.

Best wishes, and its a blessing she went as she did.

·
Registered
170 Posts
2cflyr said:
all in all, it's a absolute relief- she's no longer in pain, and we're not in pain for her. in fact, the "when" question has been the hardest thing. we now know.
time to move on with the next stage in life.
Sorry to hear it, but at the same time, I understand your relief. My mom died under similar circumstances, and of all the things she did for me in 48 years, one of the most valuable was to tell me that she was ready to go. She'd been miserable for a long time and had known there was no hope. We both signed the DNR order, and she said something like, "Don't remember me like this. I had 70 good years and a 50-year marriage to a wonderful man. Remember that instead." It took awhile to focus on that, but eventually it does happen.

·
Soon to be banned
14,475 Posts
Sorry to hear of your loss. It's never easy to watch someone suffer. Cherish all the memories.

1 - 20 of 32 Posts