Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
164 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What comes first, what goes last?

Does it really matter?

Any mistakes a newb should stay clear of?

Its a Bianchi from about year 2000, dura ace parts, 1 inch headset.

Thanks for any responses, i'm looking foward to building up my new bike. Frame arrives on Monday! :thumbsup:

·
Life Coach
2,523 Posts
No, just go for it. People are going to reccomend things, inevitably, but that's just the way they do it. There's no way you can screw up a bike by, say, taking the brake levers off before the rear derailleur. Just go for it and pay attention to what you're doing so that you have some clue of how things look when you go to build up the next one.

Tips? Remember that your bottom bracket is probably reverse-threaded on the non-drive side. And have fun.

·
Resident Curmudgeon
13,390 Posts
If this is your first time tearing down/building up, do yourself a couple of favors.
1. Be organized. Lable parts or containers in which parts will be stored. I have a bunch of Gatorade powder containers, cut off 2 lites pop bottles etc. that I keep parts in.
2. Think you won't be able to figure out how something goes together? Got a digital camera? Problem solved.
3. Don't throw those old pieces of cable housing away. They come in very handy for measuring how long to cut the new ones.

·
Banned
2,243 Posts
Mr. Versatile said:
If this is your first time tearing down/building up, do yourself a couple of favors.
1. Be organized. Lable parts or containers in which parts will be stored. I have a bunch of Gatorade powder containers, cut off 2 lites pop bottles etc. that I keep parts in.
Exactly. I have one aluminum cake pan that I labeled "bike parts," and everything that I take off goes in that pan. If when I'm putting the old parts on the new frame, I can't find something, I look in the "bike parts" pan.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.