Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 20 of 90 Posts

·
Scary Teddy Bear
14,791 Posts
There

toomanybikes said:
I could fit on that one!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

ya go TMB, I think you should buy it!!!!...GO fer it.......I would except my wife owns my testicles...and she said no more after this latest purchase until we're in the new house....

·
Scary Teddy Bear
14,791 Posts
If

toomanybikes said:
Figures.

I just checked with him, he won't ship outside of the lower 48.

I hate that BS!

you really want it....pay for it..ship it to my house, and then I can ship it onto you...you'd have to pay for it...but it might be worth it to ya. I could get it and take it down to UPS or whatever place you want to use and send it on to you...you'd have to pay shipping twice, but, again, it might be worth it to ya!!!:thumbsup:

·
eminence grease
18,538 Posts
toomanybikes said:
Thank you for the offer Phys - On that note - I will start watching seriously!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Hey, we have to stop you Canucks from getting all the good iron.

But seriously, if you want it, go ahead and buy it. Ship it to me, I'll build and and ride it and make sure you get it post haste. Really, you can trust me.

G

·
terry b said:
Hey, we have to stop you Canucks from getting all the good iron.

But seriously, if you want it, go ahead and buy it. Ship it to me, I'll build and and ride it and make sure you get it post haste. Really, you can trust me.

......:confused: ......:aureola: ........................:(

·
Scary Teddy Bear
14,791 Posts
Well

toomanybikes said:
......:confused: ......:aureola: ........................:(

I won't even open the box...just relabel it and send it on it's way...plus minnesota's probably a lot closer to you.......Of course Terry could probably take really good care of it for ya too...:thumbsup:

·
Scary Teddy Bear
14,791 Posts
Well TMB

YA got 22 minutes as of right now..Plus shipping to me is free....at least according to the listing......What ya gonna do????

·
Growing Older, Not Up
1,318 Posts
My buddy at the LBS keeps telling me to stop lusting after the carbon bikes on his salesfloor and call up Strong. How do guys make these decisions?!? Oh wait, you just take one of each!

·
Scary Teddy Bear
14,791 Posts
Looks

crumjack said:
My buddy at the LBS keeps telling me to stop lusting after the carbon bikes on his salesfloor and call up Strong. How do guys make these decisions?!? Oh wait, you just take one of each!
like Barry1021 who is watching this thread just bought it...Congrats Barry.....Now what are you gonna build her up with???

·
Registered
1,929 Posts
Oy-one more toy that i didn't need but really wanted. You s'poze the wife will think its one of my red serottas? I wasnt going to compete with you toomany, but you said you were going to pass and I have wanted a Strong and I can travel with it easier and I am just so weak, so weak.....

B21

·
Scary Teddy Bear
14,791 Posts
Just

barry1021 said:
Oy-one more toy that i didn't need but really wanted. You s'poze the wife will think its one of my red serottas? I wasnt going to compete with you toomany, but you said you were going to pass and I have wanted a Strong and I can travel with it easier and I am just so weak, so weak.....

B21

make sure you post a pic when it's all built up so we can torture TMB.....:thumbsup:

·
Registered
1,929 Posts
-looks like Barry1021 who is watching this thread just bought it...Congrats Barry.....Now what are you gonna build her up with???-

I dunno, the various organs my wife will extract from my body when she sees it??
I am open to suggestions, all my bikes are Shimano 9 spd for simplicity and interchangeability of parts. I live on the east coast, but have a place in Arizona, I like the idea of carrying the frame back and forth without paying that ridiculous airline fee and worrying about security opening my travel case etc. If i can travel without the wheels, it would make life a lot easier. Wow I am going to own a Strong, I will be like Terry when I grow up <g>.

b21

G

·
barry1021 said:
-looks like Barry1021 who is watching this thread just bought it...Congrats Barry.....Now what are you gonna build her up with???-

I dunno, the various organs my wife will extract from my body when she sees it??
I am open to suggestions, all my bikes are Shimano 9 spd for simplicity and interchangeability of parts. I live on the east coast, but have a place in Arizona, I like the idea of carrying the frame back and forth without paying that ridiculous airline fee and worrying about security opening my travel case etc. If i can travel without the wheels, it would make life a lot easier. Wow I am going to own a Strong, I will be like Terry when I grow up <g>.

b21

Well, Congrats Barry.

I really didn't think it would go for the start price like that, just sort of thought it would turn into a bidding war.

If I hadn't bought that ill-advised Colnago I may have gone for it. You know I'm not going to sleep tonight thinking about what might have been, oh well!

Well, I can console myself thinking about the Merckx I bought on the weekend - I hope it gets here in time for Christmas.

Just to make sure I stayed away from that auction I went out to shovel the driveway.

Damn.

Congrats, really, congrats ( damn!)

·
eminence grease
18,538 Posts
I'll make the same offer to you - ship it over, I'll slap some parts on it, give it a decent shakedown ride and then next time I'm over in AZ I'll drop it off.

I'm just now putting the finishing touches on my S&S coupled bike. They're very cool, you're going to like them.

And I bet you'll like the rest of the frame too.

·
Registered
1,929 Posts
toomanybikes said:
Well, Congrats Barry.

I really didn't think it would go for the start price like that, just sort of thought it would turn into a bidding war.

If I hadn't bought that ill-advised Colnago I may have gone for it. You know I'm not going to sleep tonight thinking about what might have been, oh well!

Well, I can console myself thinking about the Merckx I bought on the weekend - I hope it gets here in time for Christmas.

Just to make sure I stayed away from that auction I went out to shovel the driveway.

Damn.

Congrats, really, congrats ( damn!)
Well after seeing that beautifully anniversary Serotta that Len got go without a fight, I was hoping for the same here. But seriously TMB, if you are having true remorse, I am willing to pass it along to you at cost (providing its not a scam auction, and I dont think it is) and I will ship it North for you at your expense of course. I am not a collector, I am still building out my second Serotta and I promised myself a Strong or a Moots when i hit my goal weight (still 30 pounds away), so I probably don't deserve it!! Life has been good, I have two homes, five bikes (and only one me), a great family, my health, and I get to read this board every day. So if you really want it, its yours!! Really. No really. The thought of you awake tonight is more than I can take!!

B21

1 - 20 of 90 Posts