Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am looking for some new road pedals and seem to find a lot of different opinions, they all seem to be for the lightest pedals that aren't very strong. I am wondering which are the strongest pedals? I have read that the Look Keo Carbons with the chromoly axle are pretty strong and light. Can you guys give me some opinions on this as I am 235lbs and do a lot of hills. Thanks!

·
uhhhh, what?
222 Posts
i've been running steel spindle aluminum body looks for years, and they certainly take a beating without missing a beat. don't know about the carbon body ones, but i can certainly speak for the alloy units.

the most impressive pedals i've ever owned are a pair of old campagnolo nuovo record steel cage road pedals. i used them offroad on my '83 stumpjumper for years; they got beaten on rocks mercilessly, they are scarred like you wouldn't believe, and they are still as smooth as the day they left the factory. don't see stuff like that anymore...

·
Cannot bench own weight
4,298 Posts
I use Dura Ace pedals on a Colnago with full Record. Put about 10,000 miles on them at your weight (i've ranged from 220 - 250). No problems at all, and just one set of cleat changes (though i'm getting to the point of needing another).

·
Banned forever.....or not
24,573 Posts
Please define "strong". Are you snapping the pedal spindle, or are you crushing the pedal body? Are you having bearing problems?

·
Shirtcocker
60,886 Posts
colnagofreak said:
Mr. Grumpy, no I have just been reading some of the manufacturer's give a weight limit for their pedals.
I use the Campy Record pedals and am about 200--I jam the heck out of them and they are as good as the day i bought them.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.