Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
188 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone have experience with these??? (I'm looking at the Pulsion Activ Link Ti)
Do these come in "Compact" version???
What can I expect to pay for them (Ballpark guess)...
Thanks for the input!!!

·
Banned
2,767 Posts
ROGER79 said:
Does anyone have experience with these??? (I'm looking at the Pulsion Activ Link Ti)
Do these come in "Compact" version???
What can I expect to pay for them (Ballpark guess)...
Thanks for the input!!!
The Stronglight Actic Link cranks do not come in compact, yet. To get Stronglight cranks in compact, you'll have to go w/ Pulsions or Vulcans or summat.

·
Registered
61 Posts
Pulsion Compact Crankset

I put a set of Pulsion Compacts (175mm) on a dream bike. I've just completed it and only have a couple hundred miles on it, but the Pulsions are great so far. They are as light as claimed, beautifully machined, and have run very well. The installation (w/ISIS bracket) was a snap, and the shifting I've seen (from a FSA front derailler and Dura Ace medium cage on the rear) has been sliky smooth.

I looked at FSA K-force and SLK, and was concerned by some of the quality-issues buzz about them on the net. Stronglight had (from what I could find) very positive buzz, and that drove the decision. I wanted a dream crankset, but I can't claim the cycling skill to be able to really tell the difference between these and other (heavier or lighter) cranks.

I like having a compact crankset, and I've found it covers most of the best of what I liked in a triple (useful for lots of Colorado miles). All in all a very good get - wouldn't have chosen otherwise.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Vulcan Compact

I purchased the Vulcan compact for $229 off of Ebay and I love it. It is lighter and shifts better than the FSA SLK that I had before.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts