Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
8,000 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
STRONGLIGHT CT2 chainrings weight...

I just got my new chainrings from Stronglight.
51T - 68g
39T - 36g

My 05 FSA K-Force ISIS and Stronglight cranksets now come in @ 478g with Extralight M15 crankbolts.:D

·
Registered
8,000 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
FSA k-Force/Stonglight pic...

Here is a quick shot on the bike.

·
Registered
224 Posts
Looks Great!!!

They look great, I just got a call from my LBS saying my Pulsion cranks are in FINALLY & CT2 chainrings...
Maybe we'll finish my bike this week so I can ride it Sat.???
We'll see what happens... Or what doesn't happen.

·
Registered
117 Posts
Nice!! How do you like the K-Force crank?

I am asking because I have been considering geting the ISIS K-Force, but the reviews on this site are terrible. It sounds like FSA has had problems with these. My search looking these up on the boards has not been very informative.

What is your experiance to-date.

·
Registered
8,000 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Well I have only 213 miles on them and they are as goo if not better than the CARBON TEAM ISSUE FSA cranks they replaced.

Stiff enough for my 162lb big crank turning self.

What probelm have you heard of? Only problem I know of is most think ISIS is dead and so does FSA by blowing these out

ISIOS is fine for raod use! MTB, not to sure wihtout 4x bearing bbs.

·
Registered
2,601 Posts
DIRT BOY, I just noticed that your rings are mounted slightly further rotated than they should be. See the hole in your outer ring at the bottom of the photo? You should fasten that little screw in there which came with your large ring. It's in a plastic bag stapled to the inside of the cardboard ring folder. Mount the ring with the screw facing the back of your crank arm. The screw will prevent your chain from jamming between the ring and arm if it ever drops there.

·
Banned
2,767 Posts
divve said:
DIRT BOY, I just noticed that your rings are mounted slightly further rotated than they should be. See the hole in your outer ring at the bottom of the photo? You should fasten that little screw in there which came with your large ring. It's in a plastic bag stapled to the inside of the cardboard ring folder. Mount the ring with the screw facing the back of your crank arm. The screw will prevent your chain from jamming between the ring and arm if it ever drops there.
Man, you're good. I never looked inside the cardboard sleeve. I guess it's a good thing that my new cranks haven't come yet, cuz otherwise the cardboard woulda already been in a landfill. I'm kinda worried, though, that screw'll push the weight of my klavikulars way up. I wonder if Extralite makes a lighter version?:p

·
Registered
8,000 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
divve,

Thanks, I did ot notice or see it!
I was wondering about that! I did not see a pin and was suprised.

·
Registered
8,000 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Yes! Extralite's rings are 95g for the compact set.

·
Registered
146 Posts
divve said:
I always wondered what the heck that was for.

·
Registered
8,000 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
alienator said:
NO....NO....NO!!!!!!!

What I meant was I wondered if Extralite made an uber lite version of that SCREW!!!!! Jeez.
Huh.. Ok.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.