Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Banned
2,302 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
today/this week/this semester/this year/since you've been in school/whatever?

please teach your fellow loungers who aren't as fortunate to still be in school :confused:

·
Registered
727 Posts
i just finished high school. i learned that pictures of past principals lining the hallways aren't even bolted down to the walls, so they're easy to steal. and you can do funny things with them like hide them in your friends' cars. and hang them on your walls in your room.
i learned that it's not a good idea to throw snowballs through open windows that you can't see into, because there just might be a parent-teacher interview going on in said room, and the people might be watching you and your moron friends the whole time.
i learned that making fun of 5'0 tall male teaching assistants isn't smart because they get offended and go out of their way to catch you doing something you shouldn't be doing later on.
i learned that if you take your multi-tool into a bathroom stall, you can take off every screw with a simple allen key, and if you leave only one bolt, going into the wall at the top of the stall-panel in the middle (seperating 2 stalls) and then leave, the next person opening the door will cause that middle panel to fall to the ground. super funny :D

i just got accepted yesterday to the university i wanna go to in september, where i'll be taking a 5-year combined degree program with a major in english and a bachelor in education. then i'll become a teacher and deal with kids as bad as i was in school. then, my life will truly have come full-circle.

·
Registered
727 Posts
hahaha i was never a 'bad kid' i just got bored easily. never dig drugs, never got in fights, never badly bullied anyone, just messed around a lot.
i super-glued the legs of a few chairs to the carpet once, and a few text-books to desks. that's always a good one, even if it gets an 'F' for originality.
but yes, i am the real deal. :cool:

·
Registered
212 Posts
bulletz all up in this thread

Friction_Shifter said:
please teach your fellow loungers who aren't as fortunate to still be in school :confused:
  • cmatcan was the kind of guy I always admired in highschool but was afraid to emulate because I ALWAYS get caught
  • being the youngest in most of my classes sucks
  • borrowing my sister's car is not a good way to impress chicks
  • what is it with chicks and their car fetish anyhow? there's at least four guys I know of at CU driving sh*theaps who could live off their trust funds for the rest of their lives
  • girls are only cute until you see them falling down drunk with hurl in their hair
  • the calculus TA is HOT!!!
  • slumlords suck

·
Registered
635 Posts
u want a serious reply?

im currently in italian, international relations, macroeconomics, and calculus....all of which i skipped today cause its st. patty's.

college is quite awesome, plus it got my into cycling.

as of yesterday im an econ major with a concetration in public policy, and i havent decided what im going to minor in, mostly likely communications or journalism...

·
here comes trouble
10,045 Posts
I learned to avoid registering for any class that starts before 10 AM or requires attendance on a Friday.

And chalk me up as an Econ major with a language/foreign relations concentration and a minor in history (and probably fine arts by the time I'm finished, gotta love electives).

·
Martini time?
206 Posts
Strayer University, I take all my classes online, both asynch and synchronous. I'm in the Internetworking degree program, only have 5 more classes to go for my BS. This quarter finishes next week, next quarter I'm taking remote access and intro to art and music. I should have done this when I was a kid, but now I'm 35 and work pays tuition so who am I to complain?

·
Registered
727 Posts
twrecks said:
Strayer University, I take all my classes online, both asynch and synchronous. I'm in the Internetworking degree program, only have 5 more classes to go for my BS. This quarter finishes next week, next quarter I'm taking remote access and intro to art and music. I should have done this when I was a kid, but now I'm 35 and work pays tuition so who am I to complain?
your degree is called a B.S.? is this a joke?

·
here comes trouble
10,045 Posts
BS = Bachelor of Science. BA = Bachelor of Arts.

·
Registered
727 Posts
paint said:
BS = Bachelor of Science. BA = Bachelor of Arts.
oh, i see. i always thought it was BaSc or something like that, but it all makes sense now. still funny that youre spending years working for a BS though. heeheehee
what school are you taking this at? FU? i keeed i keeeed

·
Registered
727 Posts
upon further research, we call a bachelor in science B.SC here in canada. and in most places i know of, actually, so that explains my confusion i guess.
b.sc is a better title, because it clarifies that your bachelor is in science, not one of the other possible words that begind with 's'.......like bachelor of soup. or bachelor of sun-tanning. clarity is everything :cool:

·
here comes trouble
10,045 Posts
cmatcan said:
what school are you taking this at? FU? i keeed i keeeed
Hey, I got a scholarship to FU! (seriously) :p

·
Lexicon Devil
961 Posts
I just graduated from the University of Cincinnati with a B.A. in English and a certificate of journalism. This autumn, I'm entering into the graduate journalism program at Ohio University in Athens.

Ask me any question you want about media ethics and law. You can also ask me if I really understood "Ulysses" (the answer is no).

I'll be here all week.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts