Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1,039 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
if I have 2 saddles that are different lengths how do I go about doing this?

for example the Arione is really long @ 300mm and you sit more on the back of the saddle

where my SMP stratos is 262mm and you sit more forward on the saddle.

the hard part to me seems that the ideal place to sit is different on each saddle how do you get the fore/aft in the exact same position?

I'm sure there is a "trick" I don't know about?

oh and what about the fact that both saddles are different thicknesses? does saddle height change?

Chad

·
Registered
391 Posts
Put it where it's comfortable. When changing from a Selle Italia Qbik to the max flite, I had a very different fore/aft position and had to lower my saddled almost a full cm it not a touch more. I've never heard of a trick..

try measuring total height (center of bb to center of saddle), then match the new saddle to that, it worked for me.

·
Registered
21,544 Posts
Sit point

Nimitz said:
if I have 2 saddles that are different lengths how do I go about doing this?

for example the Arione is really long @ 300mm and you sit more on the back of the saddle

where my SMP stratos is 262mm and you sit more forward on the saddle.

the hard part to me seems that the ideal place to sit is different on each saddle how do you get the fore/aft in the exact same position?

I'm sure there is a "trick" I don't know about?

oh and what about the fact that both saddles are different thicknesses? does saddle height change?
Front to back position should be set so that whereever your butt rests on the saddle is the same setback from the bottom bracket axle.

Height should be set so that whereever your butt rests on the saddle is the same height from the BB axle.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts