Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Climbs like a sprinter...
6,976 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So yesterday I rode in fingerless gloves and shorts and todays it's snowing. :mad2: :mad2:

·
Premium Member
21,910 Posts
bmxhacksaw said:
So yesterday I rode in fingerless gloves and shorts and todays it's snowing. :mad2: :mad2:

So?:confused:

I don't see what the problem is.

·
Registered
106 Posts
I hear ya, this spring is turning out to be one of the worst I can remember. Went out yesterday with little sun peaking through, hit rain within the first 1/2 hour and hail an hour after that. Got home cold, wet and getting fed up with the North West weather. I thought it was always nicer down in southern Idaho !

·
Seat's not level
19,372 Posts
Heading up skiing on Tuesday for 4 days. It's supposed to snow all 4 days;

FRESHIES !

·
Registered
11,615 Posts
I'll be on the next plane!

It's warming up fast here in the eastern Cascades. I wuz going to do yardwork all day tomorrow, but since I did it all day today, and cleaned house all day yesterday...I'm thinking I'll go snowboarding instead. Will probably be my last chance of the year.

Bmx, seriously. You've got to take up boarding or skiing for some off-season cx training/fun. Geez. You live near a couple of the best mountains in N America for crying out loud! I'd give my left teet to live in that area.

Now qwitcherwhining and go make lemonade out of lemons. :)

·
Climbs like a sprinter...
6,976 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I can actually board (a little). The majority of my riding buddies are ski patrollers so I can pretty much hit any hill around here for free but I don't out of self preservation. It's the same reason I don't own a mt. bike or BMX race anymore. Physically, my body is two years short of 50 but mentally I'm about 15. The need to "go big" would override common sense and I would be all busticated up so nothing that goes downhills really fast and gets air for me.

·
Just Plain Bitter
8,602 Posts
It's okay as long as you have good insurance. The key is having good follow on insurance so that when you do busticate yourself up it pays the bills! This stuff is great, I have it and have used a few times over the past 10 years. This stuff is specially important as we get up there in age!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts