Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner

1 - 20 of 45 Posts

·
Shirtcocker
Joined
·
60,639 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Don't you hate it when you can't shut your brain off at night and you're left awake pondering some of the most useless crap?

Last night I was kept up wondering if all the major bad guys in Star Wars had some kind of physical deformity or health issues. Well?

Darth Vader=yes...burnt and then had to be put into a special suit to survive
Emperor=yes...the dark side of the force aged him into an old crone
General Grievous...rattling cough

About the only one I can't account for is Dooku...was he messed up at all? Also not sure about Darth Maul. :rolleyes:
 

·
No hero that's understood
Joined
·
6,100 Posts
I'll check with my 8 year old and get back to you.

Anymore, I'm too exhausted to think about anything when I close my eyes for the night.
 

·
Always changing.....
Joined
·
4,523 Posts
Bocephus Jones Darth Vader=yes...burnt and then had to be put into a special suit to survive Emperor=yes...the dark side of the force aged him into an old crone General Grievous...rattling cough About the only one I can't account for is Dooku...was he messed up at all? Also not sure about Darth Maul. :rolleyes:[/QUOTE said:
Luke had his hand cut-off by Vader; no?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
5,488 Posts
The only thing I usually think about at 2am is: Do I really have to pee bad enough to get out of bed or can I just ignore it and go back to sleep?
 

·
Shirtcocker
Joined
·
60,639 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
q_and_a said:
I'll check with my 8 year old and get back to you.

Anymore, I'm too exhausted to think about anything when I close my eyes for the night.
That's just the thing. I was totally wiped out and wanted to sleep, but my brain wanted to analyze Star Wars...and I'm not even that big of a Star Wars fan for gawdsakes!
 

·
Shirtcocker
Joined
·
60,639 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
LWP said:
The only thing I usually think about at 2am is: Do I really have to pee bad enough to get out of bed or can I just ignore it and go back to sleep?
Well...this train of thought did happen after a trip to the bathroom.
 

·
Shirtcocker
Joined
·
60,639 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
lot8con8 said:
Luke had his hand cut-off by Vader; no?
Yes...and Luke could have followed in his father's footsteps, but chose not to.
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
10,106 Posts
I would rather wake up at 2:00 a.m. pondering some useless crap than wake up in a cold sweat wondering if I have missed some filing deadline or forgot to put something in a pleading that already has been filed with a court.

Usually when I am awake at 2:00 a.m., I am pondering whether I will be able to get back to sleep in a few minutes or whether I am not going to be able to get back to sleep and should just turn on the lights and read or watch TV.
 

·
No hero that's understood
Joined
·
6,100 Posts
Bocephus Jones II said:
That's just the thing. I was totally wiped out and wanted to sleep, but my brain wanted to analyze Star Wars...and I'm not even that big of a Star Wars fan for gawdsakes!
I actually didn't mean that to be as snarky as it sounded. The boy actually loves Star Wars and would probably be a great source of info like this.

I've only ever seen the first one, so I'm of no use.

When I can't sleep, I try to write a book in my head. I develop characters and plot lines and histories and back stories. Before I know it, I'm squarely in the middle of a dream and fast asleep.

May not work for everyone, but it does for me.
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
10,106 Posts
LWP said:
The only thing I usually think about at 2am is: Do I really have to pee bad enough to get out of bed or can I just ignore it and go back to sleep?
At 2:00 a.m., there is no pondering on whether I haev to pee bad enough to get out of bed -- if I have to pee at 2:00 a.m., there is no way that I am going to make it to 6:30 a.m. without getting out of bed to pee so it is better to do it immediately. Now, if it is 5:00 or 5:30 a.m., then I ponder . . .
 

·
Shirtcocker
Joined
·
60,639 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
MarkS said:
I would rather wake up at 2:00 a.m. pondering some useless crap than wake up in a cold sweat wondering if I have missed some filing deadline or forgot to put something in a pleading that already has been filed with a court.

Usually when I am awake at 2:00 a.m., I am pondering whether I will be able to get back to sleep in a few minutes or whether I am not going to be able to get back to sleep and should just turn on the lights and read or watch TV.
I wonder if this was my brain's way of avoiding thinking about work. I had started thinking about the emails I needed to return and other deadlines, but then it switched to the Star Wars thing.
 

·
donuts?
Joined
·
8,945 Posts
i was wide awake last night at 2am pondering things. i was actually thinking about old girlfriends and wondering whatever became of them. i was also thinking about how i haven't really done anything since moving to this house in 2003. no day trips to DC to a museum, no trips to walk along an old railroad bed. just suburban consumption and being a passenger.
 
1 - 20 of 45 Posts
Top