Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
154 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I need to replace the freehub on my 6500 hub again. Something cracked internally. What is the burliest freehub available that has the same mating interface as my 6500? I know at some point they changed it...

·
'brifter' is f'ing stupid
15,582 Posts
I need to replace the freehub on my 6500 hub again. Something cracked internally. What is the burliest freehub available that has the same mating interface as my 6500? I know at some point they changed it...
That would be the Shimano free hub that came on the hub. No one else makes them for Shimano hubs. It should be compatible w/ the 6600 and 6700 free hubs. They're all basically the same. It's not compatible w/ 6800.

·
Registered
154 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
That would be the Shimano free hub that came on the hub. No one else makes them for Shimano hubs. It should be compatible w/ the 6600 and 6700 free hubs. They're all basically the same. It's not compatible w/ 6800.

I guess i can infer that the change in engagement points and advertised durability came along with 6800, when they changed the spline pattern that attached the freehub to the hub? That's a bummer if so; this will be the 3rd freehub i've had to replace in 7k miles and i'm pretty over it.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts