Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
169 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok, I'm starting to build a light weight bike from scratch. At first, I wasn't too weight weenish about parts, but when I realized I could get the weight down to below 13 pounds for an aluminum frame, I knew I had a new mission. Right now calculations are 12.86 pounds(assuming manufacturers are true to their claimed weights(Yeah right!)) without cables. I'll save a little weight after I cut down chain and steerer down.
Right now the front wheel I was going to use weighs 670 grams. I'm thinking about using the Alchemy Elf front hub, Kinlin XR-19W rim, and possibly Sapim Aero Bladed CX-Super spokes(not going to be racing with these so a little flex isn't a problem). I'm 150 pounds and wondering what spoke count to go with on front wheel. Also suggestions on spoke count on rear wheel with Sapim CS-Rays and Alchemy Orc-UL rear hub with Kinlin XR-19W rim. Any other suggestions?

·
Registered
169 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Think I'd go 20f, 28r with those. And use heavier DS spokes.

I'm amazed that you are getting that light with an aluminum frame... not normal unless you are spending a lot on parts.
It is a Pro-Lite Bella frame that weighs 1165 grams. Drive train will be 2013 SRAM Red. Let's just say the Germans will have a little extra cash in their pocket with most of the other components minus the fork(Enve 1.0) and brakes(TRP R970 SL).

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.