Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Premium Member
21,910 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
To: All Staff
From: Human Resources, Cafeteria Administration, Wellness Office and Office of Corporate Training
Subject: Thursday Off Site Team Building

All Staff, Contractors and Volunteers are encouraged to attend one or more of the 6 scheduled Thursday Off Site Team Building exercises.

Participants are responsible for providing their own transportation to the Off Site training sessions. Human Resources will help coordinate car pooling as parking is limited at the off site location. The Corporate Shuttle busses will run an extended mid-day schedule for those using Metro to reach the off site, which is just a short walk from the Stadium/Armory Redline Metro stop.

Department managers or their designated team leader should assist in scheduling regular assignments around the team building exercises so that all staff will have a chance to participate in at least one session.

Casual dress is acceptable and refreshments are available off site (please see attached memos from Cafeteria Administration, the Wellness Office and our Office of Corporate Training).

·
Premium Member
21,910 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Subject: Thursday Off Site Menu

All employees are reminded that this is an outdoor Team Building exercise lasting several hours. Although there will be covered seating all staff are reminded to consume fluids regularly as we are now entering the warmer months and to dress for the expected higher daytime temperatures.

The Cafeteria is providing a limited menu that will include Peanuts, Popcorn and Cracker Jacks as well as a limited selection of Hot Dogs, Hamburgers and a varied desert selection. Due to the off site location prices will be adjusted to reflect the increased cost of delivery. Seminar participants are encouraged to tip the serving staff for food and beverage delivery.

·
Premium Member
21,910 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Subject: Thursday Off Site Team Building

All attendees are encouraged to enthusiastically take an active role in these team-building exercises. Participants that are not selected for one of the on field teams will be divided into two groups and assigned a team color to support and encourage.

Please remember that this is a training exercise. One of the important lessons for participants to take away from this exercise is that life is not about winning or losing but how you play the game.

We hope that all attending Staff, Contractors and Volunteers find this a useful and valuable learning and team building experience. Suggestions on how we may make this training series a more useful tool for corporate morale and team building are welcome.

·
What'd I do?
1,775 Posts
There's a real bike rack at Gate F (The one to the left of the main entrance. Not the one where all the TV and radio trucks are, the other one). I rode my bike to a few games last year. It's the only way to go. Aaaah, baseball food. Not a great diet, but damned if they don't taste great at a game.

·
Registered
105 Posts
Hottie up to bat.

MB1-what a fun post! I love baseball games. I liked the picture of Miss M looking back at you through your spokes. This is what I imagine her saying "Would you hurry the hell up, we're going to miss batting practice!"
One question: When you take shots of other people,like the guy in the beer glasses, do you ask first? What is the normal procedure? I sometimes see people I would like to shoot but I am not sure what to do.
You stadium looks great BTW. Can't wait till we get a new one.
MN Dan

·
Premium Member
21,910 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
That is the Director of Corporate Diversity.

MN Dan said:
One question: When you take shots of other people,like the guy in the beer glasses, do you ask first? What is the normal procedure? I sometimes see people I would like to shoot but I am not sure what to do.
You stadium looks great BTW. Can't wait till we get a new one.
MN Dan
Actually how photography works legally (as I understand it) is that if photographs are not taken in a location where privacy could be expected and photographs are not for commercial use than photographers can pretty much shoot what they want.

If you are going to sell them you better get a signed commercial release.

As far as the stadium goes it looks good to me too but DC was just raped by the Major Leagues to the tune of $600,000,000.00+ for a new stadium as part of the deal for getting a team. Our tax dollars at play. :mad:

·
Registered
1,806 Posts
Very clever

....and as usual, nicely done. You had me going until I scrolled down to the concession stand and batter photos. I especially enjoyed the photos of two particular training session attendees who followed the instructions to "dress for the expected higher daytime temperatures." A good start to a Friday workday.

·
N. Hollywood, CA
754 Posts
double 3x

You're both wearing CA triple crown jerseys? Now I'm really impressed. I was hoping to try my first double this spring (LA Wheelmen Grand Tour) but with my partner in physical therapy for her hamstrings, I just don't know if I'll get around to investing so much training time alone.

Of course the alternative to heavy training is lots of camping and hiking in DV and Joshua Tree, with her, so I'm really not complaining...

·
Premium Member
21,910 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I was wearing a grey t-shirt.

ispoke said:
You're both wearing CA triple crown jerseys? Now I'm really impressed. I was hoping to try my first double this spring (LA Wheelmen Grand Tour) but with my partner in physical therapy for her hamstrings, I just don't know if I'll get around to investing so much training time alone.

Of course the alternative to heavy training is lots of camping and hiking in DV and Joshua Tree, with her, so I'm really not complaining...
I earned the Triple Crown 4-5 times when I was living in California. Miss M only got it once but since she lived in DC it had to be a lot harder.........

BTW we are both in much better shape now than we were doing a few doubles a year.

·
duh...
9,658 Posts
Funny... reminds me of weekly green rounds (early am golf before clinic). So they allow alcohol at your off-sites, eh?

·
Registered
156 Posts
MB1 said:
As far as the stadium goes it looks good to me too but DC was just raped by the Major Leagues to the tune of $600,000,000.00+ for a new stadium as part of the deal for getting a team. Our tax dollars at play. :mad:
Sure could buy a lot of bicycle related transportation improvements...;)

·
Registered
530 Posts
Great stuff, MB1. And I'm sorry to say you're not the only city with a pro sports facility hangover... as I ride over potholed Seattle streets past schools in dire need of funding, it warms my heart to think of the $1B-plus tandem of Safeco Field and Qwest Field just south of downtown. Paul Allen was a little bit better than Mariners ownership about spending his own money on the football stadium, but a great many public funds were absorbed nonetheless.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts