Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Premium Member
21,910 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
To: All Staff
From: Human Resources, Cafeteria Administration, Wellness Office and Office of Corporate Training
Subject: Thursday Off Site Team Building

All Staff, Contractors and Volunteers are encouraged to attend one or more of the 6 scheduled Thursday Off Site Team Building exercises.

Participants are responsible for providing their own transportation to the Off Site training sessions. Human Resources will help coordinate car pooling as parking is limited at the off site location. The Corporate Shuttle busses will run an extended mid-day schedule for those using Metro to reach the off site, which is just a short walk from the Stadium/Armory Redline Metro stop.

Department managers or their designated team leader should assist in scheduling regular assignments around the team building exercises so that all staff will have a chance to participate in at least one session.

Casual dress is acceptable and refreshments are available off site (please see attached memos from Cafeteria Administration, the Wellness Office and our Office of Corporate Training).

·
Premium Member
21,910 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Subject: Thursday Off Site Menu

All employees are reminded that this is an outdoor Team Building exercise lasting several hours. Although there will be covered seating all staff are reminded to consume fluids regularly as we are now entering the warmer months and to dress for the expected higher daytime temperatures.

The Cafeteria is providing a limited menu that will include Peanuts, Popcorn and Cracker Jacks as well as a limited selection of Hot Dogs, Hamburgers and a varied desert selection. Due to the off site location prices will be adjusted to reflect the increased cost of delivery. Seminar participants are encouraged to tip the serving staff for food and beverage delivery.

·
Premium Member
21,910 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Subject: Thursday Off Site Team Building

All attendees are encouraged to enthusiastically take an active role in these team-building exercises. Participants that are not selected for one of the on field teams will be divided into two groups and assigned a team color to support and encourage.

Please remember that this is a training exercise. One of the important lessons for participants to take away from this exercise is that life is not about winning or losing but how you play the game.

We hope that all attending Staff, Contractors and Volunteers find this a useful and valuable learning and team building experience. Suggestions on how we may make this training series a more useful tool for corporate morale and team building are welcome.

·
What'd I do?
1,775 Posts
There's a real bike rack at Gate F (The one to the left of the main entrance. Not the one where all the TV and radio trucks are, the other one). I rode my bike to a few games last year. It's the only way to go. Aaaah, baseball food. Not a great diet, but damned if they don't taste great at a game.

·
remodeling...me
4,177 Posts
MB1 said:
We all do.
MB1 as per usual... You Rock! That was a great post. Great pictures and commentary. I hope you had a great time cus I just did. I really need to go to a game thanks for the incentive. Peanuts and beer never taste as good anywhere else.

Cheers,
S

·
Shirtcocker
60,639 Posts
Nice pix MB, but baseball is still boring.

·
Bacon!
9,190 Posts
Great pics and fully agree with the thumbs up for the blond pony tail. Wow.

·
Shirtcocker
60,639 Posts
Ridgetop said:
Great pics and fully agree with the thumbs up for the blond pony tail. Wow.
I think she's about 16 :eek:

·
Premium Member
21,910 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Late 20's to mid 30's.

Bocephus Jones II said:
I think she's about 16 :eek:
There were lots of jailbait without enough clothes on there but she sure wasn't one of them.

·
Shirtcocker
60,639 Posts
MB1 said:
There were lots of jailbait without enough clothes on there but she sure wasn't one of them.
I'll take your word for it. She looks young, but I'm getting to be an old man and can't trust my age-meter anymore! ;)

// Kinda scary what 16/17 year olds are wearing these days. When I see them in their skimpy outfits on the bus I do a double take and then when I realize how old they are I feel like a dirty old man.

·
Palm trees & sunshine!
24,200 Posts
Bocephus Jones II said:
I'll take your word for it. She looks young, but I'm getting to be an old man and can't trust my age-meter anymore! ;)

// Kinda scary what 16/17 year olds are wearing these days. When I see them in their skimpy outfits on the bus I do a double take and then when I realize how old they are I feel like a dirty old man.
I'm with you.... kids should not be allowed to dress like that until it's legal for us pervs to look at them.

·
Strained coccyx etc etc
21,050 Posts
big thanks boss, and great pics. we're having a "team building exercise" tomorrow afternoon at the local ballpark, minor league ball teams, buffet and drinks (read: pop) provided. i'm going, grudgingly. will take the cam and remunierate.

·
Premium Member
21,910 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Baseball ain't about baseball.

Bocephus Jones II said:
Nice pix MB, but baseball is still boring.
Here is the deal.....

You go someplace really casual and meet your friends (surrounded by thousands of other folks doing the same thing).

The weather is nice.

You hang out for a few hours drinking, eating and chatting about not much and nothing important happens. You check out the other folks doing the same and maybe pay attention to the occasional eye candy.

Move around a bit, hit the can, sing a song or two (maybe do a bit of a dance) and every so often boo someone.

Then you go home in horrible traffic (unless you are smart enough to ride your bike there).

Repeat a few times as the years go by.

If you can't enjoy a day like that (even worse-find it boring) every so often I fear for your health.

Now it is true that every few years the home team (not much of a worry in DC today) has a great season and you are obliged to root, root, root for them and pretend that you care (but not all that much) which does cut back on the casual enjoyment of the experience but that is the price you pay for such a fine diversion.

Give it a try.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.