Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Grey Manrod
9,227 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Two weeks ago we had a blizzard. Last weekend was in the 70s. Yesterday flurries. Right now its in the 30s.

Can this be over now?

:rolleyes5: :incazzato: :frown2: :17: :prrr: :nonod: :10: :mad5: :idea:

(I tried to use as many smilies that I never use as I could.)

·
What'd I do?
1,775 Posts
Usually, this is the last cold snap.

Someone tried to tell me it was last week, but I steadfastly refused to shave because there's always one more.

You haven't been around too long, have you?

·
Grey Manrod
9,227 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Actually, I've been here just about 12 years.

Yikes.

I just don't like how winter here is so on-again-off-again. If we're going to have winter, let's have winter. We'll go skiing and sledding and all that stuff. And then we'll have spring. But this grey/cold/dreary weather that never seems to really become winter, with random spring days thrown in there, just kills me.

·
Old enough to know better
720 Posts
Here in my neck of the woods in Iowa we usually get one more winter storm the week of the Girls State Basketball Tourney. This year we missed the snow, but got colder temps and rain for over 6 days straight. Temps 36-42 and heavy rain everyday, making it miserable and impossible to go out and do anything. While the worst of the winter season if for sure behind us here, now all that rain is creating the next seasonal issue here, FLOODING. Most of the communities in my area have hardly begun the clean up from the 500 yr flooding here last year. Many levees are still in a state of total disrepair with large holes in them. If its not one thing, its another. Sadly I cant help but go WTF when someone's property is utterly laid waste to twice in the last 15 yrs, watch them rebuild again in the same spot and then cry OMG WTF when the same thing occurs the very next year. There is no perfect place to live, obstacles in every location but at least we ve got clean air, nice roads and PIE to keep us happy!

PS great soil to grow us up some BEETS too

·
Registered
15,615 Posts
I can't stand it either. We get dumped on with some excellent SNOW, then it's gone within a day or two. Not even a chance to enjoy it!

Last year, I believe it snowed once. If it's gonna be bitter cold, I like some snow to go along with it. Nice way to get some snowshoeing in.

·
Adorable Furry Hombre
30,962 Posts
For the next week-forecasts are in the 60s-70s....sucks that I won't be free to ride til Monday :cryin:

·
Cpark
2,062 Posts
Brick Tamland said:
Two weeks ago we had a blizzard. Last weekend was in the 70s. Yesterday flurries. Right now its in the 30s.

Can this be over now?

:rolleyes5: :incazzato: :frown2: :17: :prrr: :nonod: :10: :mad5: :idea:

(I tried to use as many smilies that I never use as I could.)
I was thinking the exact same thing.
I'm heading out now before the rain starts.
I rather ride in this weather than the rain added onto it....

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.