Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 20 of 29 Posts

· always right sometimes
1,836 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
out of nowhere, there are tons of guys (sometimes in groups of 3 or more) with long hair, a convenient mustache, cut off tight jeans, ray ban neon type 90's glasses and slip on shoes.

they are riding fixies and seem to have the bike handling skills of a 5 year old...

who are these people? where did they come from and what are they doing????? they certainly are not delivering anything other than entertainment for others...

· always right sometimes
1,836 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
JacoStillLives said:
This explains everything.. Maybe you should quit picking fights and getting wasted on Garnet and stop worrying about people having fun on their bikes.

Like I said before... Who Cares

Not sure why you think ONE street is "PB area". While I had my fun on Garnet back in the 90's, I am done with that scene.

"Worried". Hardly. Confused and amused...yep.

You mention you have it "bad" up there. This would imply that you do in fact "care". Afterall, you offer up an opinion correct?

So, to address your silly troll rude e-tough question "who cares?".....well, you do silly goose.

Nice try.

· Registered
192 Posts
Hey if someone is getting into bikes that wasn't interested before that fine in my book. Don't care if they are on a penny-farthing bike or a 27 speed mountain bike. I'm just sick of all this hipster bashing. It's totally unwarranted and I see it way to much of it. If anything they are doing a good thing by getting young people interested in cycling who would never have touched a bike before. What's wrong with that?

· always right sometimes
1,836 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
JacoStillLives said:
Hey if someone is getting into bikes that wasn't interested before that fine in my book. Don't care if they are on a penny-farthing bike or a 27 speed mountain bike. I'm just sick of all this hipster bashing. It's totally unwarranted and I see it way to much of it. If anything they are doing a good thing by getting young people interested in cycling who would never have touched a bike before. What's wrong with that?

So..clearly you care. You seem agitated actually. Hipster is a new term for me. I will have to yell out the window "Get an F'n job you dirty hipster and shave that lame stache..you are 19!"

· Registered
192 Posts
rydbyk said:
So..clearly you care. You seem agitated actually. Hipster is a new term for me. I will have to yell out the window "Get an F'n job you dirty hipster and shave that lame stache..you are 19!"
I don't care about the influx of fixed gear bikes. I do care about people bashing others for riding bikes though.

· always right sometimes
1,836 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 · (Edited)
Hipster?

I get a kick out of "style" that has been accessible for years, yet someone has to be "told" that it is OK now and the lemmings all line up....

Hipsters fall into this category as follows:

1. Cut off jeans have been available for decades, yet NOW suddenly they all wear them.
2. Raybans (or neon shades) have been available for nearly 2 decades, yet NOW suddenly they all wear them.
3. Slip on shoes.....
4. Convenient mustache...
5. "Classic" bikes....
6. Long hair...

These "hipsters" believe they are on the cusp of originality, when in reality they are just the opposite. Entertainment I tell ya...

· Registered
192 Posts
rydbyk said:
I get a kick out of "style" that has been accessible for years, yet someone has to be "told" that it is OK now and the lemmings all line up....

Hipsters fall into this category as follows:

1. Cut off jeans have been available for decades, yet NOW suddenly they all wear them.
2. Raybans (or neon shades) have been available for nearly 2 decades, yet NOW suddenly they all wear them.
3. Slip on shoes.....
4. Convenient mustache...
5. Bikes....
6. Long hair...

These "hipsters" believe they are on the cusp of originality, when in reality they are just the opposite. Entertainment I tell ya...
I guess the same thing can be said for every trend ever. Everything is recycled.

I'm actually happy though for these hipsters because they literally saved a bike shop around here from going out of business with the massive amount of business they have provided. I think anyone who owns a shop or works in the bike industry would agree here.

· always right sometimes
1,836 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
JacoStillLives said:
I guess the same thing can be said for every trend ever. Everything is recycled.

I'm actually happy though for these hipsters because they literally saved a bike shop around here from going out of business with the massive amount of business they have provided. I think anyone who owns a shop or works in the bike industry would agree here.
Nope. Many acceptable trends are NEW products that have NEVER been accessible before and people simply get excited about it causing a "trend"....think neon shorts or glasses from the late 80s.

This is totally different. All of these "hip" things these guys are doing NOW have been options for the last decade(s), yet had to wait till they saw others do it.... = total poser/followers...not sure how you all up there see it?

Lame in my book....not that anyone cares right?

1 - 20 of 29 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.