Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
202 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I did a couple hard training rides last weekend. I took two days of active recovery and started training again on Wednesday however as soon as I jumped back on the bike, I noticed that my right leg felt "weak". At first I thought maybe my position was off so I checked my saddle, cleats, and what not however everything was fine. Has anyone experienced this? I rode again today but my leg still feels funny.

·
Registered
750 Posts
In the past when I've been derelict about stretching my glutes I've had similar symptoms. In my case if the glutes get too tight it causes all sorts of problems in the lumbar area and my legs feel powerless. It's always worse on my left side.

·
Registered
192 Posts
I went from leg weakness to realizing I had herniated a disc. Not saying that you have that, but if the muscles are still there, they can be fatigued or neurologically not firing. I'm sure there are other possibilities too.

I was compensating because of my back and was looking at knee problems. Well, knees aren't great, but that wasn't my issues.

Have a physical therapist look at it. They might find something like posture which when you compensate around it will be harder to fix later.

·
Registered
1,230 Posts
Unilateral weakness is something that you should investigate further. Do you notice the weakness off the bike? As sandiegosteve and phoehn9111 have noted, you could have a herniated disc that produces the typical sciatic nerve issue.

I will say that I did two really hard rides this weekend and then rode today. I felt great when we started the ride. However, as we hit the really hard stuff, I noticed fatigue in the legs. This was bilateral though, and the weakness was the typical fatigue I'm used to.

·
Registered
159 Posts
What kind of weakness? I recently had the same thing happen to me, lost strength in my right quad. No pain, just weakness. Ended up being a ruptured disc.........
If it doesn't get better, and if weakness is severe, get it checked out to make sure you are not making the situation even worse.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.