Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Motorator
4,166 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I finally completed one of these number puzzles without peeking. 100% perfect, done in the din of a coffee shop I stopped at before driving half an hour to a client's place just to match some colors. While doing the puzzle, he calls me from the other end of the state, and while talking, I got his verbal OK on my proposed color choices, so I didn't have to make the trip after all. Sometimes it pays off to be dragging things out. My day's on a roll - got to keep it spinning....

·
Motorator
4,166 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Starliner said:
My day's on a roll - got to keep it spinning....
WOOHOOO! Just got a call from someone who once upon a time never would have had considered doing business with me; it looks like all that's past and now he's got some work for me. This guy's real influental in the wine business where most of my work is done.... YEAHHHOOOO!!! Gotta keep things rollin'!!!!!

·
Misfit Toy
23,426 Posts
What kind of work do you do Starliner?

Sudoku made my head hurt....... :rolleyes:

·
Adorable Furry Hombre
30,799 Posts
snapdragen said:
Ahhh...the joys of the freeware sudoku widget for Dashboard...

think there's also a Rubik's Cube widget...but I prefer the *feel* of the **real thing** & like all that-NTTAWWT

·
Registered
37 Posts
Su Doku should come standard with MS office. who the heck plays solitare anymore?

·
Misfit Toy
23,426 Posts
Room 1201 said:
[email protected] I want CHiPs Challenge back!!:(
I was so hooked on Chips Challenge! I still have it on a floppy - my laptop doesn't have a floppy drive though :( .

·
Adorable Furry Hombre
30,799 Posts
snapdragen said:
I was so hooked on Chips Challenge! I still have it on a floppy - my laptop doesn't have a floppy drive though :( .
For my last laptop I found a website somewhere to download it...something about MS Windows Entertainment Pack (CHiPs was part of it wayback in Win3.1 or so)...google if you dare:eek:////maniacal grin///

·
Misfit Toy
23,426 Posts
Room 1201 said:
For my last laptop I found a website somewhere to download it...something about MS Windows Entertainment Pack (CHiPs was part of it wayback in Win3.1 or so)...google if you dare:eek:////maniacal grin///
Well, right now I have to go hunt down Starliner and whack him upside the head. I found a web based sudoku game-billions of puzzles. Dammit - just what I need, more hours on the computer.....

·
The Original and The Best
1,294 Posts
Sudoku is interesting because, unlike crossword puzzles, you already know what each line holds. I first played over Thanksgiving and have completed many puzzles since. It's not really a challenge for me, though.

I've completed several "Diabolical" level puzzles from The LA Times in about 30 minutes each. I've even done some of the extreme 12 x 12 and 16 x 16 hexadecimal puzzles. The rules are very simple, it just takes time to fill in the squares.

Now, if only I was good at something useful......

Oh yeah, memememememememememememe, too. :D

·
Registered
37 Posts
snapdragen said:
Well, right now I have to go hunt down Starliner and whack him upside the head. I found a web based sudoku game-billions of puzzles. Dammit - just what I need, more hours on the computer.....
web-based puzzles!?!?! You must share so I can stop hiding my puzzles under ledger paper.

·
Motorator
4,166 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
snapdragen said:
What kind of work do you do Starliner?

I's an artist. Please don't whack me with that sudoku website.....no, no. I dont (want to) have the time to play there. :rolleyes:

·
Registered
3,115 Posts
ARRRRRRGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHH! ! ! ! ! ! I think the idiot who does the puzzles for the L.A. Times must use a random number generator to come up with his ratings--I can often blow through the Tough, even Diabolical, puzzles in 20-30 minutes, but put a "Gentle" one in there and I'm still plugging away at the #&$%in' thing 2 days later. I think it's almost time to go back to doing the crosswords....

·
The Original and The Best
1,294 Posts
The Walrus said:
ARRRRRRGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHH! ! ! ! ! ! I think the idiot who does the puzzles for the L.A. Times must use a random number generator to come up with his ratings--I can often blow through the Tough, even Diabolical, puzzles in 20-30 minutes, but put a "Gentle" one in there and I'm still plugging away at the #&$%in' thing 2 days later. I think it's almost time to go back to doing the crosswords....
LOL!! That's hilarious. I don't think that happened to me, but I was only in LA for a few weeks. All of the Gentle puzzles I did took about 15-20 minutes. The only reason it takes less time is because more of the squares are pre-filled!

Someone gave me a Big Book of Sudoku for Christmas--250 puzzles. It is too easy, and too easy to waste time. "They" do say that sudoku helps keep your mind active, though. At least with crosswords you might have to think about the clue to figure out the answer! :rolleyes:

·
Sticky Valentine
28,404 Posts
I just discovered this game last week and I am addicted. I downloaded the app for my phone and I now play it on the bus and when I am waiting for someone/need to waste some time.

joe

·
Super Moderator
19,512 Posts
JoeDaddio said:
I just discovered this game last week and I am addicted. I downloaded the app for my phone and I now play it on the bus and when I am waiting for someone/need to waste some time.

joe
I do the LA Times one every day.

1 - 20 of 33 Posts