Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
778 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This is a bit of a cross post from the "Deals" forum, but I figured I would get more information this way. I'm looking to replace my frame, an older lugged Columbus steel frame with something else for the upcoming riding months. I'm mainly a mountain biker, but I do really enjoy getting out on the road and riding some epics. I'm only looking for a frame because I've got a full Ultegra group that is in very good shape on my current frame. I'd like to spend $500 or less for a good quality frame and fork. I've always had steel bikes but I am open to trying something Aluminum. I'm 6'3" so I need a 60 to 62cm frame. I want as many suggestions as possible so I can have a good list to research before I make a decisions and I know everyone on here is much more knowledgable about what is current in the road bike scene than me. Thanks A LOT!

·
The web is a MUT
1,373 Posts
a suggestion

Before deciding on what to get head to all of your local LBS's and see what they have left over hanging on a wall. If you're looking to build it up yourself they'd probably be very willing to deal/discount heavily to get rid of old stock, and it may only be 6 months to two years old. You just never know what a local shop has just hanging around.

·
Registered
52 Posts
Steel road frames under $500

For steel road frames under $500, try a Surly Pacer in a 60 or 62. Also check out a Soma Smoothie in a 60 or 63.

Either frame should be well under $500.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.