Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
As some of u know, High performance bike components require torque settings.... as carbon, titanium and other special materials are making its way into the cycle world.

Bike components are getting very percise on how you install and maintain components as I just notice when building my road bike.

Can any of you guys and gals suggest the best Torque Wrench for the job??

Thanks again..

·
Registered
772 Posts
I have two automatic wrenches from Amazon. You need two because one goes up to 100 inch pounds or so and the other goes much higher for BBs and axle bolts and the like. Most of these are made in China and seem to be by the same people under different brands. None are accurate to more than 10% or so but it gives a much better idea of where you are.

·
Registered
772 Posts
I am familiar with Snap-on tools and I am not surprised at all that they are as good as you say (4% actually). Unfortunately, for an occasion user like me the price is prohibitive. $200+ each. I may be high in my estimate of the margin for error for the Chinese stuff. Fortunately, most of the specs for torque have a wide range of acceptable torque.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.