Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

· Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'll be in Panama City Florida for business for a week next month . I'll be driving there, so I plan to bring my road bike... Can anyone recommend interesting places/ areas to ride? I will have my vehicle so I can drive a little, although the more I drive, the less time I'll have to be on the bike. Thanks for any suggestions.

· Registered
17 Posts
There is a group that rides out of Destin, FL about an hour west of PC. We ride Tuesday thru Sunday at 7:30 from Robin's Bike and Fitness. We ride 30 miles everyday except for Sunday we ride 50. If you have any more questions you can call the shop at (850) 269-2453. I believe there are groups in PC but I am not familiar with them.

Chase

· Registered
29 Posts
I see a good many riders...

...on my trips there. There are bike lanes all along "Front Beach Road" as well as "Thomas Drive". Suggestion: Ride early (6:00-8:00 local). If you do, you pretty much have the run of the place, otherwise, the traffic is terrible. If you ride all the way to the east end of the beach, you dead end into a State Park (can't remember the name). West, take you toward Destin. Just ride around and do some recon once you get there, you'll find several good routes. Good luck!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.