Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
61 - 64 of 64 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Cool link. :thumbsup: Man those ZERO GRAVITY 0G Ti ROAD BRAKE SET are sweet looking and so damn light! I felt like a little kid in a toy shop there :D
did you notice that those brakes were weighed without the pads, while the kcnc ones were 168 grams with pads making them much lighter...and cheaper. stuff you have to look out for!

·
Registered
7 Posts
Do it right. Don't go half a**

You're fortunate. I'll assume that with a 52cm you shouldn't have any weight restrictions.
I would introduce a little zoot into that Specialized.
I would go with:
1) Schmolke TLO bar ... - ~100 gram savings (can be found for ~$500)
2) Syntace stem ... - ~ 35 gram savings (depending on length ~$80)
3) Dash Form.91 saddle ... Likely - ~ 100 gram savings (~$450)
4) AX Lightness Daedalus seatpost ... - ~ 100 grams) depending on length (~$400)
5) Dura-Ace CS-7900 cassette ... - ~ 40 gram savings)

This combination would shave a very realistic 375 grams ( 0.8 lb) for ~ $1500 dollars if you shop around. Have fun.
-Mark

·
Registered
281 Posts
I use to be a WW 20 yrs ago also, my thought was if you are going to spend the money, might as well get the lightest product when comparing two items. I have also moved on. So this is a serious question, on my sat 50-60 mile group rides, I need 3 water bottles, two on the bike, one in the jersery. Has anyone weighted filled 20 or 24oz bottles, they are damn heavy?

61 - 64 of 64 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.