Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Old enough to remember ..
81 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
After a wet Spring that went on for too long, Summer is good!
The 2000 km mark is getting closer! Mixed Road and MTB.:thumbsup:

I no longer ride in the rain, not anymore than I XC ski once the temp hits -15ºC. Too old for that! :lol::lol:

·
81 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
The 3000k mark is just around the corner, currently at 2831.1; one recent week was scratched on account of all the smoke that drifted North from the US West Coast. :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

·
81 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
While I'm very happy with my Garmin Vivoactive HR watch, having data practically in front of one's nose seems more fitting for a road bike.
Being frugal I don't need a map i.e. get the "needed" data at a lower price point.
The iGS50E is a good fit and adding a chest strap will fill the remaining gap, as well as providing some comparison data to the VA HR.
Will be interesting to see what the respective gizmos serve up in HR max results. :wink:

·
81 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Summer's done.
First snow to valley bottom in the North Okanagan fell three days ago.
The sensor for my Raleigh wind-load training bike arrived yesterday — remember there is a lot of "old stuff"around our place .... including me!!
Also found a YouTube site with cycling videos that suit my taste.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCVbBtdw-_SCqGDs6-_awaDg

Between that and the XC skiing season opening on Nov 6th I should be out of harm's way.

Oh yeah, the final total for outdoor cycling this past season .....3119.9 kilometres

·
Registered
1,671 Posts
I’m a fan of Indoor Cycling Videos. His daily workouts are a lot like mine and his vacation rides are the coolest. And his partner rides a lot like a woman in my club - slightly lower cadence and will stand rather than shift to keep from bogging down on a small climb.

I broke my leg in January this year. When I was able get on the trainer in late March I’d cue up a video and control the power “manually” via the Wahoo Fitness app. 50 watts was never so challenging!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts