Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Have a nice day
5,878 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My sons made me a picnic lunch today, which we enjoyed after a ride along the Willamette River near Albany, OR. Most of the ride was on an unpaved path, and I found that my newly built Nashbar touring frame works just fine off pavement. Tandem wheels and 32mm tires make sense when the asphalt ends!

First photo: I think the path goes through that narrow gap ahead!

·
Bacon!
9,193 Posts
Fantastic way to spend father's day! Great pics and looks like you had a lot of fun!

·
Registered
1,149 Posts
Nice to see a post from another Albany rider. I jsut moved to Vancouver WA from there last fall after 20 years in the valley. I suggest you check out the MVBC club in Corvallis. I had many good rides with them.

·
Registered
6 Posts
undies said:
Thanks folks! I am not really a big fan of the whole "fathers day" thing in general, but any excuse to hang out with the kids is a good one. :thumbsup:
Nice pictures. Where did you start and finish the ride?
I live in Salem and it looks like it might be a good place to take the grandkids for a ride.
Thanks,
Lee

·
Have a nice day
5,878 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Thanks folks!

bikerlee: The path we took starts at Bowman Park in Albany and follows the Willamette River through Simpson Park. It is nice but a little hard to find.

likeguymontag: Thanks for the observation on the helmet. I will check the adjustment on it this afternoon. It's amazing what I will miss when it's my own kid :mad2:

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.