Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Big is relative
11,887 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Today I started my day with two Krispy Kreme donuts that our neighbor brought back from the mainland last night. I chased it with two cups of coffee. I jumped on the bike and headed out on a group ride that included a 24 mile ride to next weeks time trial course, an 11 mile time trial, and the 24 mile return trip. While on the ride I ate the only healthy thing for the day, a chocolate chip Clif Bar. When I got home, I watched the last 80 laps of the Daytona 500 and then we went to a carnival on Hickam AFB. Had another donut and a coke while I watched the race. At the carnival I had two corny dogs, french fries in a cup, a funnel cake, all chased down with a mountain dew. I just finished up some cotton candy. I think that I had the fastest time on the TT today, maybe I should do the same thing next weekend if my heart doesn't fail first.

·
a jumped up pantry boy
1,784 Posts
bigbill said:
Today I started my day with two Krispy Kreme donuts that our neighbor brought back from the mainland last night. I chased it with two cups of coffee. I jumped on the bike and headed out on a group ride that included a 24 mile ride to next weeks time trial course, an 11 mile time trial, and the 24 mile return trip. While on the ride I ate the only healthy thing for the day, a chocolate chip Clif Bar. When I got home, I watched the last 80 laps of the Daytona 500 and then we went to a carnival on Hickam AFB. Had another donut and a coke while I watched the race. At the carnival I had two corny dogs, french fries in a cup, a funnel cake, all chased down with a mountain dew. I just finished up some cotton candy. I think that I had the fastest time on the TT today, maybe I should do the same thing next weekend if my heart doesn't fail first.
ive wanted donutsall freakin day. a couple times a year i get a horrible craving for them and cant help myself. luckily krispy kreme is like 10 minutes away.

on top of your donuts, you had the most perfect food in the world, funnel cake. i love to watch it while its made and then gobble it down while its still hot. did you get it with straight powdered sugar or some sort of hippie fruit mix?

i had a bagel and like a half dozen cookies i made for breakfast. once i got on the bike things didnt go too good for me :rolleyes:

·
a jumped up pantry boy
1,784 Posts
KenB said:
Have you ever had a Krispy Kreme right off the line and still hot at the Krispy Kreme store? I lack the vocabulary to describe it.
i know exactly what you mean. i imagine its equivalent to the feeling you get when your first child is born. using the same example, when they hand you the box and its all warm you want to protect it and not let anyone near it. its almost too much knowing that when you open the box and take a bite its literally gonna melt in your mouth.

if you ever have a really bad day just get a box from them and like half a gallon of milk and everything will be ok.

·
Palm trees & sunshine!
24,200 Posts
bigbill said:
Have you ever had a Krispy Kreme right off the line and still hot at the Krispy Kreme store? I lack the vocabulary to describe it.

·
Banned
2,302 Posts
no deep fried snickers bars at the carnival?

I love fair/carnival food!

funnel cakes with powdered sugar, strawberries and whipped cream are my favorite.

Corn dogs are yummy too.

·
Bored beyond belief.
1,257 Posts
Yesterday's:

Tame by comparison, but...

Breakfast: three scrambled eggs, two slices of french toast, three slices of bacon, huge helping of corn beef hash, melon, two cups of coffee.
All day (eaten during a 110 mile Death Valley ride): three p,b&j sammiches, three Balance bars, 1 tube of sour cream and onion pringles, two bags of Cliff blocks, five Honey Stinger gels, three bottles of Accelerade, 1 bottle of fitness water (blech), 3 bottles of regular water, two brownies.
Dinner (on the way home): medium Quizno's chicken n bacon ranch sub, large rasberry lemonade, large caesar salad.

Homecoming was a sound disappointment...the lab ate my box of sugar cookies I was longing for. She's sneaky like that.

Oh, and incidentally, welcome to that other forum. I'm too lazy to tell you over there.

·
Banned
2,302 Posts
whole box of krispy kremes. 15 minutes. gone. the warm ones they give out are the best. Do they still make frozen krispy kreme style donuts that you can buy at the grocery(and heat up in your oven)? I remember as a kid those were awesome too.

·
Misfit Toy
23,428 Posts
sn69 said:
Oh, and incidentally, welcome to that other forum. I'm too lazy to tell you over there.
Yeah, what he said.. I'm not snap over there. ;)

·
Palm trees & sunshine!
24,200 Posts
Friction_Shifter said:
whole box of krispy kremes. 15 minutes. gone. the warm ones they give out are the best. Do they still make frozen krispy kreme style donuts that you can buy at the grocery(and heat up in your oven)? I remember as a kid those were awesome too.
They just could not compare to the hot ones off the line.

·
My back hurts
4,862 Posts
Today was a bad food day. I started before sunrise with strawberry cereal bar, a pack of fig newtons, a banana, and some coffee. During a ride, I had another pack of fig newtons and a chocolate power gel. After the ride, I had some leftover chicken and a red bull. My folks are in town, so we met up with them and had crappy mexican food at a crappy mexican restaurant. Seafood enchiladas at a crappy mexican joint? What was I thinking? After recovering from the crappy seafood enchiladas, dropping off the kids with the folks, and working up another appetite, we went out to a pricy frenchy-mediterranean type place. The service was abysmal, as it tends to be in this town. Anyhow, I had some type of frenchy casserole that had leg of duck and pork sausage in it. However, it was mostly filled with semi-hard white beans of the plastic bag from the supermarket variety. The service and food were too disheartening for us even to entertain dessert. I came home and finished half of a crappy piece of store-bought carrot cake and washed it down with the end of a decent but not outstanding bottle of local cabernet. It's really sad when the three best food/drink experiences of the day were fig newtons, red bull, and a glass of decent cabernet. At least I have Hungry Man and Schlitz Saturday to look forward to. :rolleyes:

·
Self-Banned
16,905 Posts
KenB said:
I sure as hell have. It's the only way. Crack would be the vocabulary I'd use.

·
Self-Banned
16,905 Posts
bigbill said:

Man the thought of that alone is making me sick. Please at least tell me you heated up the past prime KK in the microW. Perhaps it was flatulence that propelled you to your person best... or is it worst?

·
gazing from the shadows
27,288 Posts
KenB said:
When I was in grad school, my wife worked for a time at a bakery a block from my office. I had warm baked goods quite a bit. Warm and fresh is the key, because NOTHING compares. That is, IMO, key to KKs success. It is not the donut, it is the sign the provokes a pavlovian response when lit.

·
Rock the Mullet!
305 Posts
Daytona and Krispy Kreme.

bigbill said:
Yesterday we embraced our inner ******* and had a Daytona 500 party. The menu included: Krispy Kreme donut bread pudding ( 1.5 dozen donuts, 10 egg yolks, whole cream, milk, etc), Moon Pies, RC Cola, buffalo wings, loaded potato skins, Mega peanut M&Ms, lots of chips and dips and Crunch 'n Munch. I don't think I'll be eating again until about the 5th of April. :rolleyes:

Pb

·
here comes trouble
10,045 Posts
I don't know whether to celebrate you or throw up.

·
i don't know
322 Posts
HokieRider said:
At our Daytona party we made homemade bloomin onions and hot wings in my buddy's turkey fryer. Oh man they were good. Heartburn city afterwords, but so good at the time. Jimmy Johnson is a punk.
"Jimmie" isn't as big a punk as Toni Stewart. What an asshat.

mmmmmmm......fryer.

·
Game on, b*tches!
13,467 Posts
Really. How can you guys eat all that sheit?? Gawd, I'd hurl. Give me icecream, chocolate, nacho's and beer (not necessarily all together) and I'm a happy boy. (I must admit, though, the 1 time that I had KK fresh from the store they were pretty amazing....)

·
tofurkey hunting
4,733 Posts
note on kks

hey all, a krispy kreme sat between my house and school in college. i rode my bike right by it every day as the hot donut sign was on. also, i had a good friend that lived 1/2 block behind it. while i have devoured a dozen or so in a sitting, there is an odor that eminates from that place that makes me want to hurl. it's a weird burnt hair with grease smell. the mere thought of it makes me hesitate every time the k's pop out. moral being, grab em to go and don't hang around.

daytona calorie fest. a few years ago, the saturday race fell on valentine's day. the gf and i don't really dig the whole flower jewelry thing and we happened upon some pit suite passes for the race. let me tell you, about a million calories of day fresh budweiser by noon gives you the power to eat anything. i'd detail it for you but i can't remember. the pictures tell me i layed on the start finish line and met mr. clean and the aol running guy. best day ever.

·
Game on, b*tches!
13,467 Posts
FWIW-I think Dunkin Donuts are better. There's a local bakery near York PA that makes excellent ones; Maple Donuts. Yum.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts