Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
843 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Our long New England winter is finally over and we were lucky enough to get some incredibly warm weather on Sat (85+) and Sunday ( 86+) on Cape Cod. Specifically the mid cape area and the Cape Cod Rail Trail, which was being used by many. Luckily for this time of year the traffic was light and the weather was warm. My friends father won a condo for a week during this time and invited us down for some r&r. Lucky us. :D :thumbsup: We headed down friday night and crossed the Cape Cod Canal and stopped at the BBC for some really good food and were lucky enough to hear some good music. Sorry no pics and I didn't even catch the name of the band but that first set was rockin. Luckily we were right next to the Nickerson State Park which has some great camping sites and bike trails. But, before we hit that we rode down the CCRT and enjoyed the smooth bike trail and no hills. Yes, I know ...Love them Hills but I was training hard for a month and this respite on the eternal flats was greatly appreciated. I kept it in the small ring (for the most part :) and enjoyed the company and scenery. The goal was to head to Rock Harbor in Orleans and get some food at Capt Cass but the early season found it closed.

·
Registered
843 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 · (Edited)
So we explored the small Rock Harbor and....

it's clear water and an unexpected bell. Sing it now..., ring my belll...I regress...sorry... bit it was a fun find fron the local after school programs in town. The harbor was nearly empty of boats but the scenery was still great.

·
Registered
843 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
The air was warm and the traffic light...

so we rode some more and worked up an appetite. The local bike shops in town were busy and this area had alot of bike traffic. Niiice to see all the different aspects of the bike community. I'm not a big fan of the baby bike seat and would prefer a burly but so be it. we stopped in Orleans on the return leg and I had the best cup of coffee in a long time. I don't know about you but biking always makes my taste buds hyper sensitive, so needless to say the coffe and philly cheese steak was like a Thanksgiving feast. :) I rarely drink coffe with a meal but this just seemed like the right thing to do. :)

·
Registered
843 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 · (Edited)
I didn't eat a big dinner, so

we ended up going out for a nice sunday brunch buffet at Brax Landing. I never had shrimp and scallops at 10:am but it sure was good. Then we headed over to Chatham and i saw my first bikinis of the year. :D What a glorious weekend and great way to start the ride season. We ended up going through Nickerson State Park on the way back and enjoyed some great views and some good laughs and smiles. Life is good. Happy riding season to all and enjoy.....

·
Premium Member
21,910 Posts
Oh that looks great.

I always love it when the parents put helmets on the kids but don't wear one themselves.

·
Registered
1,280 Posts
Hey, WTF? All I get are blue question marks. Seems like a few days ago somebody (actually, I think it was D Hickey) just got red Xs when I saw pictures. Anybody know what makes that happen? Operating system? Browser?

·
your text here
13,192 Posts
MB1 said:
I always love it when the parents put helmets on the kids but don't wear one themselves.
drives me batty.

before we had kids and The Wife wouldnt wear a helmet she asked why i did.
"just in case."
"'just in case' what?"
"in case there is an accident. or if a kid sees me."
"what does that matter?"
"well, you want kids to wear helmets, right? we need to be role models."
she has worn a helmet since.

·
Registered
106 Posts
Brings back good memories. I used to spend many a two weeks during the summer on the cape with family. Some days at the beach, some days riding bikes all around. They did not have the rail trail at the time and it looks sweet. Traffic on the main road (the 6?) there can get crazy - or maybe cause I was 12 I just remember it that way!

·
Ninnyhammer
4 Posts
Heeeeey, I recognize that lighthouse. I had my senior pictures taken there. :D

Too bad I wasn't into cycling during my high school days, I'm imagining running amok around the Cape and along the canal.

Awesome pics!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.