Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Premium Member
21,910 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We walked down to the river (past all sorts of the usual Georgetown morning traffic), kayaked for a couple of hours then met a friend for a bit of SUPing.

Sure worked up an appetite.

Traffic was no better on the walk home (the more I see folks driving the less it appeals).

Life is better on the water!

·
Registered
296 Posts
what the heck is on that plate ?

GREAT pics....especially the last one....slowed down quite a bit ??

ill take more pics of the lady in black shirt.

kthx:thumbsup:

FIRST !!!

·
Premium Member
21,910 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Brick Tamland said:
I don't get it. Seems uncomfortable and inefficient.
Highly amusing (and actually a pretty good workout).

·
Bacon!
9,190 Posts
The best thing about those boards is all the hotz women that like to ride them up there at Tahoe. Muscular legs and bikini bottoms! Whoo hoo.

·
Premium Member
21,910 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Argentius said:
How much progress do you make, compared with a regular kayak?
In our tandem kayak (which is kind of a go-fast boat) we travel about 6 miles an hour. On the SUPs we covered 3 miles in an hour. I suspect we will never be able to go much faster on the SUPs, I know we can go faster on the kayak if we want to work really, really hard.

Wind has a much greater effect on a SUP than a kayak-today wasn't windy but winds will really push a SUP around.

Either way (kayak or SUP) we were likely traveling much faster past Georgetown than drivers were! :thumbsup:

·
Shirtcocker
60,639 Posts
MB1 said:
In our tandem kayak (which is kind of a go-fast boat) we travel about 6 miles an hour. On the SUPs we covered 3 miles in an hour. I suspect we will never be able to go much faster on the SUPs, I know we can go faster on the kayak if we want to work really, really hard.

Wind has a much greater effect on a SUP than a kayak-today wasn't windy but winds will really push a SUP around.

Either way (kayak or SUP) we were likely traveling much faster past Georgetown than drivers were! :thumbsup:
Take it down some whitewater...you'll fly!:D

·
Shirtcocker
60,639 Posts
rkj__ said:
Yeah, does not seem like something I could get into.
I'd love one for catching waves.

·
Low rep power
6,264 Posts
MB1 said:
If 6 mph is your normal cruise speed in that boat, I'm seriously impressed!!!

·
What the what???
12,711 Posts
I've said it before and I'll say it again...you're living the dream, MB1.

1 - 20 of 32 Posts