Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
331 Posts
It's football.. They have more dopers then cycling
When stationed in Germany, Hashish was rampant. The piss collector would piss in your cup for a beer. See, now the military is drug free. I didn't partake, buy they were so pissed they couldn't nail my roommate. Cheating tests are easy.

·
Adorable Furry Hombre
30,962 Posts
It's football.. They have more dopers then cycling
Yup. Anyone who sees NFL or NCAA hand-egg and thinks any of those ripped hulking meat piles are au naturel for a millisecond need their heads examined.

53/53 men on the winning team's roster have taken steroids. Many of the staff too.
Same for the losing team's roster

·
Administrator
13,009 Posts

·
Registered
6,819 Posts
Not fair, the punters may be clean.
I don't know... there are some big kickers out there.. The raiders FG (jankowski-sp?) guy is huge.. I know not a punter but do you remember the old miami punter.. Roby ? big guy too.

·
Registered
2,642 Posts
Janikowski is definitely on the junk. Junk food.

And copious amounts of booze. I think he was involved in a couple of bar fights back in college.

You want to see all you need to know about how widespread juice is in football? Go into the HoF website and see the average weight for linemen---defensive and especially offensive--from the 70s and 80s, and compare it to today's linemen, You have all time greats like John Hannah and Ron Yary coming in around 265, 270 back then. Jack Youngblood, DE, 247. Lawrence Taylor weighed about 235, the same as many of today's strong safeties.

Today you have offensive tackles weighing 350 or more with very little body fat.

·
Not Banned
49,013 Posts
no testing for HgH, no out of season testing, barely any in season testing and it is typically announced with lots of warning.

US Pro sports are dope riddled because they have players Unions.

The NBA offered to take Weed off the list if the players allowed testing for HgH. The union shot it down

·
Registered
14,713 Posts
And copious amounts of booze. I think he was involved in a couple of bar fights back in college.

You want to see all you need to know about how widespread juice is in football? Go into the HoF website and see the average weight for linemen---defensive and especially offensive--from the 70s and 80s, and compare it to today's linemen, You have all time greats like John Hannah and Ron Yary coming in around 265, 270 back then. Jack Youngblood, DE, 247. Lawrence Taylor weighed about 235, the same as many of today's strong safeties.

Today you have offensive tackles weighing 350 or more with very little body fat.
Cam Newton weighs 245, the same as the average for the offensive line of the 1967 Packers who won Super Bowl I. The average offensive lineman now in the NFL weighs about 70 pounds more than the average 50 years ago.

·
Registered
2,642 Posts
no testing for HgH, no out of season testing, barely any in season testing and it is typically announced with lots of warning.

US Pro sports are dope riddled because they have players Unions.

The NBA offered to take Weed off the list if the players allowed testing for HgH. The union shot it down
Pretty sure that the NFL and MLB started testing for HGH in recent years---maybe around 2013?

·
Registered
2,642 Posts
Cam Newton weighs 245, the same as the average for the offensive line of the 1967 Packers who won Super Bowl I. The average offensive lineman now in the NFL weighs about 70 pounds more than the average 50 years ago.
I think the first 300 pound player in the NFL was "Big Daddy" Lipscomb, back in the 50s and early 60s. Although they listed him at 285, most reporters of his time felt that he was 315-320. They thought that he was a freak. That's how unusual it was to see someone that size back then.

·
Not Banned
49,013 Posts
Pretty sure that the NFL and MLB started testing for HGH in recent years---maybe around 2013?
yes. Not in the NBA
but the tests are rare and only in season. They don't test off season so players can cycle freely

1 - 17 of 17 Posts