Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Is anyone aware of any reason why someone wouldn't coat their bike with a super hydrophobic substance that repels water, mud, dirt, grim, etc? Are there any cyclocross rules that would prevent a racer from using this type of product?
Just curious. Thanks

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
There are some new products coming to market and I'd like to apply them to bicycling and Cyclocross would be a great market. Provided there aren't any rules that would preclude racers from using it.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
But what if there was a aerosol spray that you could apply to frame, cranks and cassette that would shed water, dirt, mud, etc. You could even spray your shoes. Now that would be a product to try, wouldn't it?

·
Premium Member
5,457 Posts

Motul Shine & Go?

·
Premium Member
5,457 Posts

·
Registered
1,904 Posts

·
Registered
147 Posts
You trying to steal the thunder of some guy trying to make a living? :)

I like the first comment: "I intend to run out of business all toilet paper industries by using hydrophobic coating up my butt to never use toilet paper after taking a dump. - Now that's innovative."

No one gonna use it till they put it in a can -- or wait, maybe I'll just get a compressor, truck, and travel to cross races and spray bikes for $10/each prior to races. But I'm not sure all those solvents (xylene, toluene) will be good for tubular glue.

Looking at their website, I see you can use it in a simple trigger sprayer. BUT all applications seem to require two coats. What is up with that? Video only shows one coat.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.