Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
324 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
After picking Dave's brain dn seeking out some advice here as well - finally placed my order for a set of custom alloys today:
Hed C2 rim
King R45 in green and black laser spokes.

The lure of the dark side almost got me to get some carbon wheels - that'll be next time....

Cant wait to get them and will post my impression when they get here.

Thanks Dave!

·
Registered
475 Posts
Cool, Enjoy.
Also have another alloy set ordered, the Belgium + black WI hubs and CXrays that were recently their featured build.
Adam

·
Registered
5,701 Posts
Cool, Enjoy.
Also have another alloy set ordered, the Belgium + black WI hubs and CXrays that were recently their featured build.
Adam
I bought that exact wheel set two years ago (except polished WI hubs) and really am liking them.

·
Registered
475 Posts
Nice, I actually like their polished hubs better, but this configuration was on a good deal as a featured build. I've bought some November wheels with the Pacenti SL23 rims last fall and they are great also, but I do like the HED + rims a little more. Thought that with their featured build special the up charge for CXray spokes and WI hubs was a bit less than usual, so I splurged some.
Chris King hubs are great, have a pair on a mountain bike and some classics on a older wheel set, haven't tried the newer R45 version yet, like the tight engagement on a mountain bike, but WI hubs are also US made not much heavier, nice Ti free hub, roll exceptionally well, and the engagement is good enough for a road bike, all at a lower price point.
I bought that exact wheel set two years ago (except polished WI hubs) and really am liking them.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts