Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

· Registered
16 Posts
Can't speak for the Madone, but I have a Super 3.

Over the weekend, I did 322 miles on it, and it was very comfy. That being said I got a top ten in a road race and crit the previous weekend, and it was stiff and handled well.

For me, it's a phenomenal blend of stiffness and comfort.

· Registered
1,894 Posts
Go with Super Six since you already have the Madone 5.2 you won't regret the decision.

· Registered
19 Posts
This is year is nothing like the past

The 2008 Madone has nothing in common with the past madones other than the name. I'm sure that cannondale makes a nice bike, but I have the 6.9 and it's an incredible ride. I'm sure the 5.2 is an incredible machine also. I suggest test riding both.

· Registered
305 Posts
According to ROAD BIKE ACTION Magazine - July/August 2008 issue:

" The Madone (5.2) totally belies its racing heritage and design intent - it never felt like a race bike. More then anything, it shone as an all-around long-day-in the-saddle bike."

I rode a Madone Ultegra equipped bike last summer and was not impressed. It was a better balanced bike then a similar priced Fuji. It was slightly smoother then my Six13. But, Six13 accelerated and handled better. The Fuji's rear triangle had a wooden feel and was the worst all carbon bikes I rode. Of the all carbon bikes, the SuperSix was simply the best in every respect.

I currently ride a System Six that I built up back in August.

· Registered
17 Posts
I own and have raced a Caad8 for 2 years. It's a great bike. I wanted to upgrade to a SuperSix 3 but ended up getting a great deal on a Madone 5.2 through a friend of mine who works for Trek. Being a Cannondale biggot I didn't want to love a Trek but I can't help it. It's an amazing bike - stiff, agile, light and comfortable. I've ridden a SuperSix 3 as well but not enough to give an honest comparison of the two.

-spessx

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.