Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
506 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, I bought a super six frame with ebay, just the frame not fork.. So, I'd like to know if I can put a standard fork on that, because the head tube is bigger I think.... like system six is. I guess I need to buy a cannondale supersix fork????

and according to you, 500$ is it a good price for a supersix frame brand new??

G

·
The supersix fork is the same as the system six fork, and for both you need a the tapering design for the headtube. 500 seems a little high, but I'm not sure on the retail of it.

·
Registered
506 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
jains89 said:
The supersix fork is the same as the system six fork, and for both you need a the tapering design for the headtube. 500 seems a little high, but I'm not sure on the retail of it.
500$ is high.... the caad 8 or 9 frame are higher than that!!!! many suoer six frame with fork are sold for 1500 to 2000$$, how much for a super six or system six fork..

·
Registered
1,536 Posts
I wouldn't advise buying a system or a super without a fork on ebay. If you do, you may end up having to buy a fork from a Cdale dealer, and buying just the fork aint gonna be cheap. Buy a frameset with the fork, and hopefully the headset too, and you'll be much better off.

·
Registered
147 Posts
The part that worries me about buying a frame without a fork is that it looks like Cdale may have done a frame replacement for some reason. They don't necessarily replace the fork so the original owner kept the original fork and sells the damaged frame on ebay. With some frames I may not think this but with a supersix or systemsix there just aren't any other frames that you could use the forks for.

·
Registered
506 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
bikerbrian said:
The part that worries me about buying a frame without a fork is that it looks like Cdale may have done a frame replacement for some reason. They don't necessarily replace the fork so the original owner kept the original fork and sells the damaged frame on ebay. With some frames I may not think this but with a supersix or systemsix there just aren't any other frames that you could use the forks for.
Yes it's pretty strange...on ebay since 4-6 months, there are many many super six to sell with just 300 to 500 miles.... I dont know why..... but the bike is not, the frame has a problem???

·
Registered
1,894 Posts
I got a System Six fork with headset brand new uncut, let me know if you are interest.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.