Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
hahahahahahahahahahahaha..... looks pretty unbiased to me. NOT. Not saying one bike is better than another, but I bet there would be a number of Trek, Look, Cervelo, Cdale, Scott... owners who would beg to differ about those conclusions. haha.. Cdale's are kinda heavy though (compared to Scott and the like). D+ for comfort is F'd up though.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I just bought a new Giant TCR after extensive test riding of it and the Super Six. Both are great bikes but the Super Six is MEGA comfortable. The TCR was snappier to me and a better deal but I was blown away with the plushness of the Super.

·
Registered
1,017 Posts
Sounds real credible. It would be interesting to see an independent source rate bikes like this though. And by independent I do NOT mean Bicycling magazine!

·
Registered
1,609 Posts
I have a SuperSix (several thousand miles on it), and I think the "B" grade for stiffness is fair, and the "F" grade for weight -- although a bit harsh -- is not far off the mark. The SuperSix is not the lightest high-end carbon frame out there. However, the "D" grade for comfort is way off. The SuperSix is an excellent blend of stiffness and comfort. They should have given the bike a "B" on comfort.

·
Registered
2,275 Posts
LOLtastic report there... lemme guess, the giant product wins hands down on the perfect trinity of weight, comfort AND stiffness. but of course!

welp, i'm sure it'll work on some gimp. like those who buy stupid expensive uberlight carbon bikes in droves despite the fact that they are closer to walking on the moon than breaking an hour TT.

ahh, marketing.

·
Registered
47 Posts
My friend that works at a giant/specialized dealer told me about this report. I laughed...really hard. Just ask any company, there product is the best hands down, bar-none. What a load. Guess the majority of us are riding the wrong bike huh?

·
Registered
202 Posts
I can just imagine the conversation at the office that day

"Hmm thats odd our sales figures are low??"

"I KNOW!, lets $hit on our competitors!"

Seriously though Why would they:O

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.