Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Strained coccyx etc etc
21,050 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
we're going to sit in a bar and grill and watch the SB this afternoon. problem is, i've waited tables and am already feeling guilty about sitting in a server's station for the whole superbowl, plus another 90 minutes, which is how early the manager (acquaintence of mine) says to arrive.

what is proper etiquette for this? i know servers make their money on turning over tables. if so, i guess a major overtipping situation is in order? or, at halftime, try to find another dive with an empty table (which may be impossible around here, they're football crazed!)?

second q: blondie's bday is tomorrow. i didn't expect to see her, as i work and have Jr. home tomorrow nite. but since we're hanging out this eve, she'll probably stay over, since home is an hour out of the city. her bday present (aside from taking her for the handgun carry permit class) is due on tuesday, when i expected to see her. so....what do i do? i'm going to wake up to the dawn and a blonde on her bday and run off to work.

??

help a brotha out!

·
here comes trouble
10,045 Posts
What's the average amount of time you spend in a restaurant? If you spend twice as much time watching the superbowl, then tip twice as much etc etc. It's only fair. You'll never find an empty table at halftime. And it's stupid, anyway. Superbowl commercials are the best part.

Leave something pretty on the pillow for her birthday morning. Nothing too romantic or cheesy, since you're basically just F/drinking buddies, anyway. Something small. And then Tuesday give her whatever you were planning on giving her.

·
gazing from the shadows
27,224 Posts
Tip like it is a bar along the way, then tip at the end too.

Make sure your server does not go off duty while you are there. If s/he knows you are taking care of him/her it will be fine. Better a table that sits and tips that turning over tables that tip 10%.

·
Strained coccyx etc etc
21,050 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
change of plans. we're meeting up 16:30 for beers and apertifs, watching 'til halftime, then coming back to casa J's for the rest of the game. she convinced me on the phone, to remove the beer pyramids from my office. i have a 42" tv in here and a futon, leather footstool, etc etc, and 10,000,000 books. most i can do is clear out the beer pyramids and take-out containers. ain't dustin' or running the vacuum or anything. jeebus.

so we'll be there for what, four hr?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts