Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Juanmoretime
2,313 Posts
First they are all made by Token. The link I have included is to the same bottom bracket at a lower price. I have worked with Ernie many times, Ernie is the owner of the Ebay store where this bottom bracket is listed. More importantly both myself and several people over at weight weenies has been using this bottom bracket for a while. I can say that they do average the advertized weight and are very smooth. I can't say that anyone has had a bad experience with it. Go for it!

Juan

http://cgi.ebay.com/TOKEN-Ultraligh...hZ015QQcategoryZ56195QQtcZphotoQQcmdZViewItem

·
Registered
8,000 Posts
Like Juan said, it's all rebraded Token items. All this new carbon stuff comes for the same Taiwanese factories as some of the bigger names get thier stuff.

No beware, some of this stuff is highh quality and some stuff is not. Mailny cosmetic.

I have also purchase from Ernie @ the link below and he is a good guy to deal with.

I purchased 4-6 TOKEN stems form him and not only was the finish not up to par, the face plates were made wrong. They were sized inbetween 25.4 and 26.0
The stem were fine, but not the face plates.

Ernie worked with me until I was happy. If you need TOKEN stuff, go to his store.

BUT Beware on TOKEN. Now I bought a 2 TOKEN saddles and they were perfect.

I am using the TOKEN ISIS BB you are asking about and it's great!
Mine came in @ 147g as spins nice and smooth after 4-5 months of good riding. Bearings are replaceable which is nice also.

If I need a part that I don't sell, Ernie is the first place I go.

I hope this helps....

·
Registered
134 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks guys.

Appreciate the input. Never thought I would ever be a weight conscious cyclist, but since hitting 40...well, everything helps.

Recently switched from FSA K-Force MEGA EXO set- up to their ISIS BB and K Force crank. My Mega Exo K Force crank developed a loose pedal spindle thread insert, and I always seemed to have a problem with side-to-side play in the crankarms...even with the newer BB spindle "O" rings. Anyone else have problems? I even replaced the BB...no avail.

Also, the real world weight of the MEGA EXO setup was around 810grams (incl.BB) versus 740grams for the ISIS setup. I can save even a little more weight going with the lighter BB.

Can't really tell a difference in the stiffness between Mega Exo and ISIS. I race and weigh 145lbs.

·
n00bsauce
13,627 Posts
I bought a Token Ti, Campy compatible, BB from Ernie and installed it last winter. Been riding it all year with no complaints. Smooth, light, works. What else can you ask from a BB?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.