Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
349 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just did a 45 mile hard ride in 90 degree heat. I had 2 bottles of water for ride but cant seem to drink enough water since I got home 1.5 hours later. I think I have drank 60 oz but want more

Is this a sign of dehydration?

·
Registered
782 Posts
thirst is usually a good sign of needing more water. What does your pee look like? You can also tell by your heart beat, usually it will be fast and weak.
Clear=well hydrated
yellow= drink more
apple juice= be careful, you need water bad
coffee= get an IV 'cause your about to die.

·
Registered
586 Posts
Probably should drink a couple of bottles per hour at 90 degrees. Sure sounds like your dehydrated. The old pee test would tell you. I guess after a gallon of water, your flowing pretty clear.

·
What the what???
12,714 Posts
On those days where you know it's going to be hot/humid, plan a stop somewhere along your ride to either refill your bottles or get some additional liquid.

·
Registered
479 Posts
where I live, near Ecuator. .. temp goes from 96 up to109 (43C) easy. Thats on my bike moving with wind. so the real temp. is higher. I can drink Up to 5 . 500 ml bottles in 3 hours ez. I drink before I ride too. when we train for races, my urine some times will come out brownish no matter what Ï do, i know this is not good, in races it gets worse, because some times is hard to get bottles from the water guy. I just carry a one liter bottle in my car and when I work, to measure the ammount of water Im drinking, I try to drink more than 3 lts daily . hydration starts before riding and never ends.
on those strange stormy cool days. I feel Im flying. temp limits so much your power

1 - 9 of 9 Posts