Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
332 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Let's talk about supplemental insurance. Anyone know of supplemental offerings besides Adventure Advocates? AA has great comments on the forums. just wondering if there are alternatives.

Anyone go with an additional plan with a separate company, plan for supplemental?

Anyone know if you can take the premiums for supplemental insurance off with pre-tax dollars?

I have insurance through my provider. But the program is not very good for someone like myself. 20% co-pay on all emergency care. The Health Savings Plan that had been offered was perfect -- higher co-pays on visits, but NOTHING on emergency care. Employer could not offer it when I was the only one to sign up for it. :( NOT happy about that. Still confused as many co-workers have kids. :confused:

The only real crash I've had (so far) came from a car vs bike, resulting in an ambulance and multi-hour ER stay. Only a $100 deductible then. Hate to think what 20% would have run.

Sanctioned races (usually) have their own insurance (don't know about all associations out there). But we train and live life. Insurance is just that.

What are your thoughts? What have you done? What has worked / not worked?

·
9,790 Posts
DesnaePhoto said:
Let's talk about supplemental insurance. Anyone know of supplemental offerings besides Adventure Advocates? AA has great comments on the forums. just wondering if there are alternatives.

Anyone go with an additional plan with a separate company, plan for supplemental?

Anyone know if you can take the premiums for supplemental insurance off with pre-tax dollars?

I have insurance through my provider. But the program is not very good for someone like myself. 20% co-pay on all emergency care. The Health Savings Plan that had been offered was perfect -- higher co-pays on visits, but NOTHING on emergency care. Employer could not offer it when I was the only one to sign up for it. :( NOT happy about that. Still confused as many co-workers have kids. :confused:

The only real crash I've had (so far) came from a car vs bike, resulting in an ambulance and multi-hour ER stay. Only a $100 deductible then. Hate to think what 20% would have run.

Sanctioned races (usually) have their own insurance (don't know about all associations out there). But we train and live life. Insurance is just that.

What are your thoughts? What have you done? What has worked / not worked?
AFLAC. Employer pays from pre-tax dollars. I don't know about individual coverage. I have accident, cancer, and "other" major illness policies. It's around $100/month for all of those.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts