1,990 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Fun project!

·
Registered
1,990 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Ventruck said:
Nice, what are you planning to wrap the bars with?

I won't lie, though, they kinda look good not wrapped atm.
Either beige Cinelli cork tape or some crazy Cinelli splash tape; haven't decided yet.

·
Registered
1,293 Posts
rcnute said:
Either beige Cinelli cork tape or some crazy Cinelli splash tape; haven't decided yet.
Sounds great but that means you have to dump the black saddle for a Honey model. Still, a really nice concept. Why did you use a CF fork?

·
Registered
1,990 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
cs1 said:
Sounds great but that means you have to dump the black saddle for a Honey model. Still, a really nice concept. Why did you use a CF fork?
The stock fork is a bit narrow for 38mm tires and doesn't have enough rake for really wide tires. The Bontrager Satellite fork has 50mm of offset and a very wide crown. I'd prefer a good steel fork but the Bontrager fork was inexpensive and the point of this project was a basic, no-frills 650b conversion.

·
Registered
1,293 Posts
rcnute said:
The stock fork is a bit narrow for 38mm tires and doesn't have enough rake for really wide tires. The Bontrager Satellite fork has 50mm of offset and a very wide crown. I'd prefer a good steel fork but the Bontrager fork was inexpensive and the point of this project was a basic, no-frills 650b conversion.
That answer is so much better than the typical "I saved 5 grams" we usually hear. I was thinking about a Pacer frame for my wife. I've got a basically complete Veloce/Mirage group looking for a frame to hang it on.

·
Registered
11,474 Posts
cs1 said:
That answer is so much better than the typical "I saved 5 grams" we usually hear.
Agree, but the weight taken off in this case is substantial. The Pacer steel fork weighs about 2 pounds (950 gram). The switch to carbon could cut that in half.

·
Registered
1,293 Posts
wim said:
Agree, but the weight taken off in this case is substantial. The Pacer steel fork weighs about 2 pounds (950 gram). The switch to carbon could cut that in half.
Shhh, we don't want anybody to know. Guys who ride Pacers aren't supposed to be weight weenies. Telling everybody is like coming out of the closet. What's next a CF seatpost.:D

1 - 9 of 9 Posts