Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2,720 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Here is Jeff's Surly Steamroller frame. I stuck some old 27" wheels on it and they fit perfect. The front brake caliper even lines up well. It has a threaded rear hub on the wheels, so I assume I can just take the freewheel off and thread on a SS cog? Anyone know for sure?

At this point I think all I need is a threaded single speed cog?, some conversion crank bolts thingys?, and an Surly size seat post clamp (it is not a standard 31.8mm). Anyone have any of these items for cheap???... please PM me.

I am going to pick up some basic white cork wrap for the bars at the LBS.

·
Registered
2,720 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
FatTireFred said:
no rear brake?
There aren't any cable housing guides along the top tube, so I can only assume it was meant to be built without a rear brake. This may be that is was intended to be a fixte and not a SS, but for now I don't have any clip on guides so this is as far as I got.

Maybe I should put a fixte threaded cog in the back, now that I think about it. Anyone got one?

·
Registered
1,006 Posts
Seatpost clamp diameter is 30.0 -- Redline uses the same size for their Monocog bike. Any bike shop that orders parts through SBS can get one you. They retail for about $7.50

The rear seatstay bridge is drilled for a brake, but you'll have to zip-tie the cable & housing to the frame.

·
Registered
2,720 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
1 - 7 of 7 Posts