Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
248 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Have used Ribble many times with good results. Last order took 10 days to inform me they were out of stock on one of the items ($115). After three weeks of no action, only promises, I started a resolution case with Paypal. Now 25 days after the paypal transaction Ribble says they can not refund unless I drop the Paypal Resolution Case first and Paypal warns that if I do I can not re-open a case for the missing item. Have emailed Paypal that I think this is a bug, my case status should be "pending" or something not resolved until it is resolved. I fully expect Ribble will make this right but might be an issue with other vendors.

·
Forever a Student
4,963 Posts
Have used Ribble many times with good results. Last order took 10 days to inform me they were out of stock on one of the items ($115). After three weeks of no action, only promises, I started a resolution case with Paypal. Now 25 days after the paypal transaction Ribble says they can not refund unless I drop the Paypal Resolution Case first and Paypal warns that if I do I can not re-open a case for the missing item. Have emailed Paypal that I think this is a bug, my case status should be "pending" or something not resolved until it is resolved. I fully expect Ribble will make this right but might be an issue with other vendors.
So you started a case against them and then asked them to give you a refund on top of that? And you're surprised that they didn't?

Apparently you have no idea what a chargeback is or what it does to a business.

Now that you've gone crying to Paypal, that's who you deal with. You're done with Ribble, you've stabbed them in the back. Stop talking to them. Finish up your Paypal case and move on.

·
Registered
7,492 Posts
I believe that PayPal will notify the seller if the buyer starts a claim, and give the seller some time to resolve the issue.

In this case Ribble could resolve the issue by issuing a PP refund, the buyer would tell PP the matter was resolved amicably, and the case would be closed.

So, if OP is correct in his description, then Ribble should not be telling him to drop the case before issuing a refund.

·
Registered
456 Posts
So you started a case against them and then asked them to give you a refund on top of that? And you're surprised that they didn't?

Apparently you have no idea what a chargeback is or what it does to a business.

Now that you've gone crying to Paypal, that's who you deal with. You're done with Ribble, you've stabbed them in the back. Stop talking to them. Finish up your Paypal case and move on.
3 weeks with no action from Ribble and you say the OP went "crying" to paypal?

Do you actually comprehend, or proof-read the dribble you post?

·
Registered
248 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
That's the way it works on Paypal on Ebay where I buy and sell a lot of parts, not worried about Ribble coming through, eventually, but would with some low feedback sellers.

·
Registered
7,492 Posts
That's the way it works on Paypal on Ebay where I buy and sell a lot of parts, not worried about Ribble coming through, eventually, but would with some low feedback sellers.
The surprising part of your story is that Ribble appear not to know how the PP dispute resolution process works. They'll be getting a black mark if they don't resolve this quickly. PM me for the email of the CEO if you want.

·
Doesn't like subtitles
3,806 Posts
Don't close the PP case. I've had nothing but good experience with Ribble but that sounds like a page out of the eBay scammer book. They should provide the refund to PayPal and then case closed.

I had a German site dragging its feet on return of a defective trainer and the PayPal dispute really greased the skids and helped the problem get ironed out. They refunded money and case closed.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts