Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
your text here
13,192 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
headed "home" for this weekend, so i thought i would check out the hometown paper. ran into this lil story about a food santiation violation.

http://qctimes.com/news/local/article_fcc3aa66-a633-11df-a0ad-001cc4c03286.html

DAVENPORT — An Iowa restaurant owner says he’ll pay a fine after his head chef was videotaped kissing and licking toads in the kitchen.

The Scott County Health Department reviewed the video Wednesday and called in the chef and owner of Osaka in Davenport to issue a $335 ticket.

Food inspector Lindsay Gorishek says several violations were committed during the video.

On the tape, chef Christopher Turla is seen with two small toads on the prep table. He kisses the toads a few times, licks them, then stuffs them in his mouth.

Turla says it was meant as a joke. His brother videotaped the kitchen antics and posted them on YouTube.

Restaurant owner Yidi When says Turla is just a funny guy who needs some more training about restaurant sanitation
boy that chef is a funny guy. whats sad is i know of worse things that have happened in kitchens i worked in during college.

·
corning my own beef
5,713 Posts
NUTT said:
Sushi in Iowa doesn't really sound like a good idea, toads or no toads.
Hell, Davenport's right on the river. You know that catfish and carp has got to be about as fresh as it gets....

·
Low rep power
6,264 Posts
NUTT said:
Sushi in Iowa doesn't really sound like a good idea, toads or no toads.
+1

Where's Tony Bourdain when you need him?

·
Always changing.....
4,523 Posts
I was in a "foreign" cuisine restaurant that has preparing to open. The cook who couldn't speak English, was stirring the soup pot on the gas grill, and right in front of the health inspector tasted the soup with the soup ladle and then put it back into the soup. Yummy.

·
Call me a Fred
16,999 Posts
Do they still make davenports in Davenport?

·
Registered
442 Posts
JustTooBig said:
Hell, Davenport's right on the river. You know that catfish and carp has got to be about as fresh as it gets....
Nothin' like fresh spicy carp roll! :thumbsup: Some extra soy sauce with that please...

·
Not Banned
49,013 Posts
I think inland seafood

in general is creepy
then again I live at the coast

1 - 12 of 12 Posts