Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

· Does it matter?
760 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was reading the thread on the consensus on bib shorts

http://forums.roadbikereview.com/showthread.php?t=137153

I too like the bib shorts better once I tried them, but I thought about what to do with all shorts I had that were still OK (and I have many), well I tried one of these sports suspenders and they work well for me.

http://www.suspenderstore.com/spsu.html

Now I’m not saying buy regular shorts and use these with them (I plan to new bibs instead of shorts when I need to), but if you have shorts that are still in good shape but have been “spoiled” by bibs, you can get some use out of them with this product. The clips on them are tough plastic, and I have NOT noticed them eating away the short at all. They definitely will keep your shorts up. I clip them more on the side in the front area to not get in the way while in the drops.

Just thought I’d share the idea.

· Devoid of all flim-flam
7,364 Posts
I actually did that back in the 1970's, before bib shorts existed.

· Does it matter?
760 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Mapei said:
I actually did that back in the 1970's, before bib shorts existed.
I knew that back before the current materials (Lycra /spandex) they used suspenders with the cycling shorts, but when I was looking recently this is what I found for suspenders that could be used with cycling.

Did you have wool shorts and did the suspenders have metal clips back then?

· likes to eat donuts
893 Posts
I, uh....

Just make sure you wear them under your jersey. And remove the band aid from the bridge of your glasses while you're at it. :nonod:

I used to wear suspenders at one time as well. Before bib shorts were so readily available. But nothing feels more fantastic than quality, well fitting bibs.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.