Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi All, When the front suspension "speed lock" ("lock-out") feature is on, is there suppose to be any sort of small "give" when pressing down on the suspension? I was told this small amount of compression is to prevent the speed lock from breaking in case anything hard is hit when it is on. I've only seen this give on one fork so far, all others are rock solid.

Thanks!

·
Registered
2,580 Posts
You'll probably get more reliable answers over at MTBR.com - this sites sister site.

For me, I have one mountain bike. I've ridden it three times (not really my cup of tea - I tried - I really did). \

It has a suspension fork with lockout (RockShox Reba I believe), and it does have a little bit of give in it when it's locked out (which is more than fine with me). Were talking maybe 2-3mm I'd guess (from memory - not getting the bike out of it's hiding place to check :p~

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks, I'll post there as well.

I think the give is more than 2-3mm though, maybe 1/2".

Come on... dig it out of its special spot :p

·
Registered
20,781 Posts
Thanks, I'll post there as well.

I think the give is more than 2-3mm though, maybe 1/2".
1/2" sounds like a lot. What model fork is it? Is it hydraulic? Is it new or used/old?

It could be bad seals. My lockout was giving some bob, about 1/2". Replaced the seals and now it's back to a couple mm.

I'd post your question over on MTBR with the fork specs.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts